Saturday, March 29, 2003

Saturday Mornings, However...

are fucking a to the fucking g. I know that the typical phrase is "easy like Sunday morning" (thats a phrase that I really like, notably, very fucking smooth) but the fact is that Saturday morning, at least outside of the NFL season, is just plain easier. I honestly dont think there is a better portion of the week then Saturday around 10:30 am to about 1 in the afternoon. What a relaxing fucking time, for the most part no one ever has obligations on Saturday morning. If you have stuff that has to be done before noon on Saturday you have one of two serious problems:

1) you work way too fucking hard

2) you are involved in some fucked up debate/speech like activity

I understand that some people really like both of these types of things. But damn, dude, they just cant possibly compare to an available Saturday morning with jack to do, a cigarette, and a cup of coffee.

Dont get me wrong, there are things that you can do on Saturday morning if you want. You can go have breakfast or make yourself some b-fast. Dennys is solid on Saturday mornings, especially if one has been drinking hard the night before. You could make a run to get some Krispy to the Kreme. One could even just hit up the local Starbucks. Pretty much, Saturday mornings should be about indulgence, tasty breakfast food, expensive coffee, television, etc. I think that we should establish some sort of Saturday morning ritual. Maybe I can work on Katie to begin this movement so that the world can share my enjoyment for this wonderful time.

I have to go out this afternoon, unfortunately, and edit Zizek's response to this Stavrakakis article. On the bright side it means I am already out and able to stop by Sunnys on the way home to grab a double order of hot wings. I can sit here and watch the games this evening. I am doubtful that the stuff I am waiting for has gotten here, but I suppose it is possible that it will. I guess I will drink or something, I hate the idea of going a whole weekend without having any intoxicants of any sort.

Okay, I guess I will head out early and extend my morning by grabbing a Venti mocha. Its been real, sharing my love of this wonderful time of day with ya'll. I will return, with wings and beer. Always a solid promise. Maybe Saturday evening will surpass my currently very low expectations for it.

Peace,

MB-K

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey! this was really cute. i'm okay with rituals, but i like my saturday morning debate activity. :) sorry if that makes me fucked up -- now who does that reflect badly on?

love, katie