Wednesday, March 08, 2006

A Dime's A Nickel and a Nickel's None, I Throw Myself Into the Sunday Butt

We are finally catching up, in all the respects which one can catch up. We are regaining some space on the DVR, we are progressing towards cooking and eating real food again, and we have gotten some rest and back to work. We were so busy over this last weekend, winning the JV national tournament and judging 10 debates in 56 hours or so. The tournament was in West Virginia, the drive down there kinda sucked, it went a little too late on Friday night, but I got a couple debates off on Saturday at least. I also won the Butt Award, which is so awesome I cannot even convey it. Its not that I particularly care about awards, but more so that I just really want an excuse to put butt on my resume. We had some really strong performances and we had some tough weekends as well, but a good performance overall that jacked us up to the top 5 in CEDA and NDT rankings. Too many stairs on the Mountaineer campus and I didn’t get to meet Pittsnogle, but I did have dinner at Qdoba. I believe it was the first time I have ever eaten at Qdoba sober (feel free to read that as “at Qdoba, soba” if it makes you happy) since most of my experiences were at the State Street branch in Madison.

On the way to West Virginia we got off the highway in the early part of Pennsylvania and turned in the direction which, or so the sign informed us at least, contained a McDonald’s, Wendys, Burger King, etc. I didn’t just guess this, it was on the freaking official highway sign of food available off that exit. It took us at least 5 minutes to get to that Burger King and I was pissed. There needs to some sort of regulation as to what counts as close enough to the highway to be listed on the exit sign. I’m sure that its just whoever is willing to cough up the highway sponsorship money, but I felt deceived. If you are ever driving through Edinboro, PA, I do not suggest trying to find the Burger King, unless you are trying to grab a late night bite after a long evening at Nick’s Place or are staying at the Season’s Inn.

One of the girls on ANTM was from Buffalo and graduated from the University of Rochester. I say this because they showed a picture of her from graduation with the sign from Bausch and Lomb hall obviously in the background. She didn’t make the cut of course, but it was a good kick off for this season. No one from Minnesota though, so I’m not sure who my favorite is yet. Maybe one of them will be gay or become Shanthrax/Norelle-ish after the makeover, cuz that would be hawt. Janice Dickinson was awesome tonight, the show is just not as good without her every week. Still, tonight was a great day for reality TV, cuz the d00ds performed an especially good batch of tunes on Idol. I keep going back and forth as to whether I like Taylor Hicks or Chris Daughtry better. I’m all about Mandisa as far as the ladies go, though Katharine McPhee(ver) isn’t far behind. I think, unfortunately, that Mandisa is prolly too big to get even as far as Kimberly Locke did, though the same could be said of Taylor’s age. I hope I’m wrong about what people will or will not vote for. With the exception of Reuben Studdard no one of any size has really gone anywhere on Idol, so its only marginally better than ANTM itself. Both of them get smoked by The Biggest Loser, since it seems like the show starts off everytime with almost all enormously fat people but only the skinniest ones make it through. Judging must be atrocious.

How the hell do I change the banner thing at the top of my blog? I want a cool photo one like Frankie or Ex-Millenial Girl. Hippo would prolly get one too, but I have no idea where this goes in the code. Hopefully the “off-season” that is so fast approaching will give me some time to develop stuff like that. Hippo says that if we would just leave our computers home while we were out of town she would figure it out, but she’s not gonna stay up all night when we’re actually here. Meow-standable.

Peace,

MB-K

No comments: