Friday, July 30, 2004

Ain't Lookin for Nothin But a Good Time and It Don't Get Better than Butt

The first and most important point is of course that finally, The Katie Has Come Back to Buffalo!! (If YA SMELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLALALLALALALALALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) She is no longer leaving to go back to Wyoming for the stupid college institute, with all the stupid people. Pretty much none of the people I know in the debate community will be there and while Katie still knows alot of those people they are not really her good friends. Several of them, at least one prominent one, is also a douche. So, instead of leaving here tomorrow, Katie will be staying, which roxors.

Work has been kinda shitty this week, very busy and very long in almost all instances. Last night I was in the store until like 9:45, approximately 45 minutes after I was supposed to be there. That meant both that I got to leave a little early today, but also that I was late getting home for an incredibly delicious waffle dinner thrown by Katie. She made a great batch of waffley treats with our brand new waffle iron and since her mother recommended (for some reason) that we make a double batch, we also have waffles ready to be heated for breakfast for at least the next week. Anyway, work has been a pain in the ass, there aren't enough people in the lab, some of them don't know ass about how to work, and it is primo film time. I believe I have three works to go before I am back in the Tizzle that is Cizzle for at least a week, attending uno weddingo, and generally chillin'.

Some things at work have been revealing and helpful. For one, I saw a customer at work who made decidef that were I to write a more exhaustive list of laws of the universe, one of those would be that at the point you have decided to have a handlebar moustache, you have not simply made a facial hair preference, but a lifestyle chocie. There is a persona involved, an attitude, probably a cowpoke hat, maybe some chaps. You can't just strap on a handlebar moustache and go be a dentist, assuming that you don't live in Deadwood or something. It doesn't work, the moustache throws people off. This guy had failed to follow this law in 2 ways. First of all, he was wearing a polo like shirt, a tie, and a pair of khakis. You don't have to go with the dusty denim all the time, but you were at Wal-Mart, at least strap on a Dale Earnhardt t-shirt, or a bass fishing tour hat. Secondly, and maybe this was an accident or something, but half of the moustache was not handlebarred. I mean, maybe he ran out of moustache wax after the first half, or maybe it got rinsed off or he spilled coffee, I don't know. He could have accidentally shaved that side or something and not wanted to give up the lifestyle, but it looked fucking weird. I recognize that this isn't just the "handlebar lifestyle" thing, but he had a half-handlebar moustache and it looked fucking odd.

A second customer revealed another interesting thing to me, this through her name rather than her choice of facial accessory. I am not referring back to Star Wolf, though I haven't heard from her recently, and I wonder if the galactic forces of Nartron have successfully defeated her and her rumble pack like missions in the StarField. This person had a wonderful name, at least as I think about it now, though I very well may have never noticed it at all. I am sitting at the monitor printing photos, we are kind of busy, and someone asks me where the roll is for "Sam Rockwell" or some other random name. I had only one envelope sitting with me at the moment, so I looked over, and responded out loud to the woman who asked "No, I only have the one for Jean Weaver." Following that, when my mind caught up with my mouth, I belted out "Ohh, Jean Weaver, I believe you can get me through the night." I know this probably happens alot with anyone who has the last name weaver, but I mean, fucking come on. Jean Weaver, its too perfect for fucking words people. You can't buy that kind of publicicty.

I know I haven't been commenting much, work has been busy, it is fucking hot here in Assalo, and when Katie is here we have the air conditioning on less, I use the computer less, etc. Regardless, I will try to pay more attention to the world that is electronico. I also started excercising, with the neato recumbant bicycle thing that my parents gave us to bring home. I am not sure how people do this in the morning before they go to work, because it fucking tires my legs out like running from a stray mule named Henrietta, but maybe once I am back in shape I will remember. I suppose I used to lift and such before school, but school rarely had the standing intensity that working at a retail ass-giant does and I was in good shape. I wonder how long it takes to return to semi-decent shape after having not been active at all for like 6 or so years, my guess is probably at least 7 or so months of pretty intense workouts. I mean, I am going alright at this point, and I'm sure I will ramp it up, maybe even get motivated to go back to lifting some sort of weights at irregular intervals, but at least pants-not-fitting and heart-attacking will be put on the backburner at some point. I'm not gonna go all Bob Mould health junky and start describing my fitness routine in my blog, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

School starts in like a month, this being my third year of what is hopefully a four year PhD program. I am optimistic, but it will pretty much require that I am able to spend next summer reading and writing rather than working at Wal-Suck. In that world I have three works left to prostitute myself at the ATM money hole of this particular incarnation of the man, before I get to spend all my time sucking at the sweet sweet nipple of the academy. I like my paychecks coming with union deductions and signed by some stupid person with a ridiculous title like Provost or Registrar or Concilliere or Ombudsperson or any of those titles, though I think only the first two properly apply to universities. Anyway, I'm back, though I doubt you missed me. One final note, congratulations and good luck to those few of you in the potential audeince who may have taken the Bar Exam this past week. From what I am told most people know whether or not they are likely going to pass after they take the test, if that is the case congrats or I'm sorry. You know who you is and you's gonna be sweet ass law-talkers.

Peace,

MB-K

No comments: