Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Found a Reason for Me, To Change Who I Used to Be, A Reason to Start Over New and the Reason is Butt

I wouldn't normally be typing at this point, but I am letting Katie watch an episode of American Dreams, a show which she enjoys which I cannot freaking stand. I have no nostalgia for the 50s to begin with, not for its music or its culture or its family, and since I can hardly ever tolerate family based dramas to begin with, there was nothing about this program that interested me. The brain-wizards at NBC decided that since it was running in second to Desperate Housewives on Sunday nights they shoud move it to Wednesdays so it could smashed by Lost and also take a beating by That 70's Show, American Idol, and/or The Simple Life. Regardless, that is what is going on.

Hippo and I have been very sad today, since Katie is on her way out of town for almost 2 full weeks. Hippo was explaining that while she knows that she will get the chance to celebrate all the relevant Easter traditions with Katie when she gets home and for many years in the future, a kittenish part of her wishes she would be around to bake a spring ham and such. She told me this in between chapters of Beyond Good and Evil today, which she managed to read without sitting on the book, a great improvement by my mark. Anyway, I told Hippo that Katie will call and update her blog, and she said that was reasonable. I promised Hippo that the Easter bunny would come twice and while Hippo will not categorically assure me that she will not attack and tear to shreds aforementioned Easter Bunny with her persian strength, she seemed excited.

Brief one today. Gonna eat chinese food and watch the West Wing. Check it.

Peace,

MB-K

No comments: