Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Your Moves are So Raw, I've Got to Let You Know, I've Got to Let You Know, You're One of My Butt

Okay okay, I got it, I suck at updating these days. Can't do anything about that, I just suck at updating. I will work on it over the next little while when Katie is gone, but until I have finished my orals and such, once a week-ish is the best I can shoot for. Well, it is Spring Break, and between the episodes of Girls Gone Wild that are being filmed all around me while I drink my Long Island from this enormous neon-green plastic tube thing, Katie and I have managed to relax while still studying/prepping for the NDT like mad. We have also managed to fix shit on the car, develop our spring-time greetings, and play with Ms. Hippo. I was reading some Bergon today and she was really really intersted, but just like I often have to have my neck in a certain position to concentrate, she apparently had to have her front paws on the book in order to understand it. Maybe tomorrow we will more thoroughly break down the concept of virtual imagery.

We are about a week and a half from the end of lent and only two days from St. Patrick's Day. I guess those dates pretty explicitly reveal my blantant Irish Catholicism, but nonetheless, its exciting. If for no other reason than I am so fucking dying for a chicago-style hot dog and a DQPw/C. Thursday is my only chance to enjoy red meat until then and though I do think that Corned Beef and Cabbage is hella tasty in general, its even better after 30 odd days without any cow. I have to pick out which psuedo-Irish restaurant in the area will be my pick for the evening, but there is time on that regard still. I will have to take Katie to the airport on her way to CEDA nationals and the NDT so I guess I can make my decision on the way home.

TV things that deserve reporting: The OC just keeps getting better and better. Though I loathe the situation that has developed between Alex and Marissa, I love Summer and Seth enough to make up for everything. The only show I would say was above it was pretty good last week as well and for the first time I actually enjoyed watching Matt Santos run for President. The Hoynes angle was awesome and though I can't handle not getting to see Jed Bartlett but every third week, I can at least tolerate Smits as his follow-up. I have plenty of feelings about what needs to happen at the end of the Bartlett administration next year, but I will wait until they more approach relevancy. ANTM is off to another good start this season, though it sucked that Brita was the first to go. I really don't want them to play Brandy like she is this years Eva, but I have no explicit favorite yet. There certainly is no Norelle, but I mean, what do you want.

American Idol was embroiled (one of the new nominees for best verb of the week by the way) in scandal with the departure of Mario Vazquez, and while I am glad that Niko Smith got back into the top 12, it sucks that Mario isn't around. My guess, after tonight's performances, is that we lose either Jessica Sierra or Mikaylah Gordon (who, while looking uber-slutty cute and sounding like Fran Drescher singing some 60s tune, was not any good at all) but Katie is convinced that I will at long last get to say goodbye to Lindsay Cardinale whose version of "Knock on Wood" made me want to drive a railroad spike through my face. Simon's comment was that 30 million TV sets simultaneously turned down the volume during her performance and I certainly almost did. If we do happen to kiss one of the gentlemen adieu, I can't believe it would be anyone besides Anthony Federov, though I guess Niko had fewer votes the first time around anyway. I mean, I would think with the two rockers you wouldn't need the non-threatening young blonde white boy, but I suppose I continue to not make up a majority of the voting public.

Anyway, I will try to say hey again St. Patty's night or summin. Erin go bragh.

Peace,

MB-K

No comments: