Sunday, March 27, 2005

Here Comes Peter Cottontail, Hopping Down the Bunny Trail, Hippity Hoppity Easter's On its Butt

Happy Easter to you all. Hope the hams/roasts/egg hunts/bunnies/baskets/etc. were fun for all those in the celebratory mood. I followed my typical Easter ritual of stopping at McDs on my way home and enjoying a Double Quarter-Pounder With Cheese. It was officially the best cheeseburger of 2005, though you never know what it will take to beat it. I almost wish I had an excuse to drive down to Cleveland and hit up the nearest White Castle, cuz a slider sounds mighty to the good right now. I think someone could make alot of money by either franchising a White Castle out in this neck of the woods or even just building a copycat burger joint. It doesn't take alot of work to grill shit on a bed of onions, even without the characteristic slider grease I would stop in for a 20 sack every now and then. Unfortunately Katie loathes the gut busters, so I can't even motivate her to make a journey with me. Maybe I need to work on homemade belly-bombs...I'll get back to you on that.

Besides that little has been going on this week that deserves bloggification. I read, I watched TV, I brushed Hippo, I hung around. There are great things to be excited about at least, since Katie returns home on Tuesday. Its been a rough NDT for many of the people who I give a rats ass about, though at least Maggie is going to clear. I've never debated at the ndt jobviously, but just looking at the tournament makes it pretty easy to realize how ridiculously difficult each of those rounds are. I would shoot myself before I could go through what is essentially an entire weekend of outrounds. You have to listen to 24 decisions just in prelims, which means you could clear and still hear the reason why you lost 14 times. Just too much. Luckily, it is the finale of the season, meaning that we are done with travel, done with one form of stress, and able to relax at least a bit.

Comedy Central finally put the vag badger bit up on their website, btw, if you feel like checking it out here. What the hell does "a href" mean? I understand what it functionally does when put in the text of a websitelike device, but why isn't it just , is it just that there is little chance that you would accidentally type "a href" or is it a stupid abbreviation or something. I think using the <> things should be the functional equivalent of having a cursor in an old school text based computer game where you can just type in any action and have the computer do it. How far? I would almost always get bored with those games after about 20 or so commands and end up telling the game to do various obscene things to itself, though I would imagine my obscene vocabulary was pretty limited in the days I used to play around on my grandparents 1980-something IBM.

Hippo is chasing a fly and its a fairly difficult task, because the fly is just buzzing around the cieling, which is about 8 or so feet out of Hippo's range. So instead of really chasing this fly, she is just walking around the room looking at the ceiling, but she is doing it in a very intense manner. If that fly descends about 7 or so feet, this persian kitty to my left is gonna wreck its shop. Seriously, it has no idea what its in for. I'm gonna follow the Hipmaster's example here and go find some food. Mine is not gonna be a fly and hopefully its not gonna buzz around so much, but it will be every bit as fascinating.

Peace,

MB-K

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to get frozen sliders at the Harvard Market East during college. You could should get a bunch of them next time you're in town- although I can't say I've ever looked for them in a real live grocery store. They cook up okay in the microwave, but you could also heat them up by steaming them and they would probably be indistinguishable from restaurant made sliders. God I Love The White Castle.

MB-K said...

I had never thought of steaming frozen sliders. This is brilliance to the nuts degree.