Sunday, May 29, 2005

I Want to Got to Have You Child, Great God in Heaven You Know I Love Butt

First of all, mad props to my kitten for taking responsibility when she accidentally posted to the blog. She's always welcome to guest blog, maybe sometime this summer when I am busy she will take over the dizneuce role. She's had a big day taking naps on the desk, the bed, the couch, and the computer, so we can imagine how taxing it gets by the time we're ready for the Idol finale. It didn't help that the next day she had to go to the doctor and have surgery, from which she has returned home safe and sound. She hasn't been the world's most playful kitten since she got fixed, but she's recovering nicely. I think she briefly blogged about the scenario the other day, including some adorable pictures.

I've been addicted to two different songs this week, neither should come as a surprise to anyone. The first is Bob Mould's new single off the new album, its called "Paralyzed" and its classic pure guitar-y-ness, not to specifically diss on the electronic stuff, it was just never my thing. Anyway, I don't really buy music and this is pretty much the only album I have considered purchaing in years. Its a quality quality tune. The other one appears to be a new Weezer single and I have technically only seen the video, but I dig. Katie read some reviews of the album and said its getting compared to Pinkerton, which can never be bad. The only tune I've heard, Beverly Hills, would indeed fit in on that record, though its not an incredibly radical break with the more contemporary stuff. Weezer's so cool.

We had a very busy day yesterday, much busier than I had expected to say the least. We originally had planned to go to the zoo and celebrate elephant weekend, but it was raining, so we canceled that plan with the idea that fundamentally, any weekend can be elephant weekend when you are at a zoo. Some of Katie's friends from Rochester came by, so we had wings for lunch, made a trip to Niagara Falls, and, unfortunately, the outlet mall. For a slightly more detailed commentary I will add one detail about each event: I was really full, since I had 20 medium-hot wings, a large fries, and a large pitcher of DrP, parking at the American side of the park was 8 dollars, 8 dollars to park a car in a large, 1/2 empty outdoor lot in a state park, that is one of the most significant ripoffs in human history, finally, at least I got a couple books out of the outlet mall experience, since upon very close inspection I was able to find 3 books I wanted or needed anyway for less than 10 bucks total.

Anyway by the time we came home and made dinner I was about ready to pass out, but we stayed up a while longer and played a game of trivial pursuit while watching an incredible Animal Planet program cleverly titled "Leave it to the Real Beavers" which, as you might imagine, was a documentary about beavers. It was great background television, because the only things that beavers seem to do are chew on wood and swim around all cutely. You don't have to pay much attention to be able to follow the gist of the program not to mention that you can name all the different beavers. I think Darrin is a good name for a beaver by the way. Hello, I'm Darrin the Beaver, how are you. Whose dam is this? This dam belongs to Darrin the Beaver. Ahh, lovely job that Darrin the Beaver has done with his dam. Beaver, Darrin the Beaver. It works in any context.

Alright, I am gonna enjoy the rest of the Sunday afternoon. Hippo wants to plan the indoor barbecue that we will commence tomorrow afternoon.

Peace,

MB-K

No comments: