Friday, May 09, 2003

Several Things are Worthy of Notation

Thing Number 1: Parmesan and Garlic Cheez-its have two distinctive qualities: they are on sale at Topps almost every week and they are the world's best snack food. I love these things, they are incredible. I cannot explain to you without a ridiculous number of gestures and hyperboles. The internet is completely inadequate for the explanation of P+G Cheez-its. I really wish I wasnt too lazy to go get a bottle of wine, because these crackers are actually worthy of a tasty Pinot Noir. I think I need some brie and a legit bottle of wine for Monday or Tuesday night. I suppose I could wait until Wednesday, but I will turn in the last papers for the semester one of those days.

Thing Number 2: I had to cheat a little during my NFL 2k3 franchise. Bubba Franks went down in week 6 of the first season, for 20 fucking weeks!! That is ridiculous, you can't hurt my 2nd best receiver for 20 weeks. What the fuck, I need to keep my job as head coach here. So I shut off the game. I lost a victory over the Bears which I can certainly repeat, but its not the easiest game of the season by a long shot. I haven't cheated once before, I took my shitty loss to the Saints and have just been content with a decent 4-1 start. So, I shut the PS2 off and will take another shot at the fucking Chicago Ass-Bears tomorrow.


Thing Number 3: Friday nights posses no decent television of any sort. I think that someone, just one network, needs to decide that they will run a quality program during Friday prime time. Yes, less people will watch it. But if you are fucking abc, whatever you are currently running on Thursday nights is not exactly getting quality ratings anyway. Not that abc has any decent shows to run in the first place, in fact I dont think I have turned abc on for a non-sports event all year. Fucking abc.

Thing Number 4: The Wild ROCK!! They have officially become my 2nd favorite sports franchise. The Packers are undisplaceable, no event could make me lower the Pack. I mean, I can imagine being a little mad at them, but fundamentally they are the Packers. The Wild, however, have blown the T-Wolves away, I mean BLOWN them away. Fucking no one on the Wolves besides KG and somewhat T-hud gives a fuck about what happens. They show up to the playoffs just to fucking lose. No heart at all, they had the Lakers cold in the crosshairs and then just bent over for Shaq and Kobe. The Wild go down 3-1 in two consecutive series and come back to win each one!! They are playing teams with incredible amounts more skill and who are simply better suited to the way the NHL tends to play out. Their payroll is like a third of the Avs and about half of the Cannucks, but we just gutted it out and took them. I said this before the series against Vancouver, but even if they just lose this one in 4 games, I will always remember this playoff season. They have had like 6 of the most exciting non-football games I have seen in a long time. Each of these game 7s rank among the better sports events of the last several years. I would have to seriously think about them actually ranking in the top 10 favorite sports events I have seen. I mean, we obviously have the Pack's Super Bowl Title. Several other football games. Regardless, they were incredible games. Congratulations Wild! Minnesota and displaced Minnesotans everywhere are enormously proud. Fuck up this JS Giguere motherfucker.

Thats all.

Peace,

MB-K

No comments: