Thursday, May 29, 2003

Long Time No Talk to No One

How you doin. So it has been a while, admittedly, notably, since I have spent the last 2 weeks involved in the whole moving process thing. I got to Minneapolis on Tuesday of 2 weeks ago and hung out for like a week. I partied and drank and smoked. Katie was sick for quite a while, it was sad. She was at work for alot of the time, but it meant I got to see many of my friends whom I have not seen at least since Spring Brizeak, some for much longer than that.

I had a pretty decent drive into Minnesota, though I fucking hate driving that far. It works better when I get to stop somewhere in the middle which thankfully I did. I cannot seriously make that drive by myself all fucking night, I am just a horrible driver I guess. No major events until like Monday. We assumed we were joining mi padres for some sort of wedding conversation, as Katie indicated that this is something which is normally done. So we prepped all these answers for the questions about what we were going to do with money and getting married and shit like that.

So we show up for punch and pie, well, just pie actually, and my parents and I and Katie bullshit about random stuff. We looked at some pictures of their vacation cruise and shit. They gave me some gifts, which were totally swee-at. I got a bottle of Armani Emporio cologne, it smells very very nice. I got a chocolate rum cake and a bottle of Carribean rum. I never really drink rum, but it can be added to my freezer collection. The cake is probably very tasty.

Then my parents told me that they had decided to get divorced. That is totally fucked up, and I continue to be fucked up by the whole thing. I broke down for a while when they told me, and more that evening. But now it just bothers me, not really a devestating thing. While I recognize, of course, that my parents were right and this will impact my life only in the most minute, if at all existant ways, it still fucking blows a fat goat ass. I don't know why, it just does.

So I had a couple beers from my parents house, my mother's generally awful taste in beer had somehow produced a six pack of Bass Ale, which I finished off, before heading to the Turf Club. We met Mark and Jen there, though I had drank near an entire pitcher before they even got there. We hung out, it was sweet, Mark was really really on. It was nice to forget about everything else for a while, so I did.

Anyway, nothing else much to say about that. I told Andy and the Dobs, talked to my sister about it for a little bit, but in general it will just suck for a while. I will buy into the whole thing about gradually letting traumatic things fade away into the background, as I am sure it will.

I had a couple nice nights of hanging out. I saw the Matrix Reloaded, which is an incredible film. It really does live up to the rep of the first one. Long Live the Wachowskis. I got so fucking lit up when the Dobs, Katie, and Andy and I went to see the film. We smoked a bunch of hash and I was blown away. The fucking million-Smith fight scene may have been the best action scene in human history. I cannot wait to go see it again, though I don't think Katie is enthusiastic as I am.

What else happened-well, Chrissy was annoying, as per usual. Andrea was sick, which kind of sucked, but she was still the most useful person in the whole cleaning and moving adventure. We got all the shit packed and stuff, Katie has more fucking shit than anyone on the entire face of the earth. Andy and the Dobs came over to help me load the trailer on the Friday before we left. That in itself entails several stories. Anyway, I will return later to describe that and to give some thoughts on the whole Buffy ending thing. It gets a mixed review from me-incredible episode, unsatisfying finale.

Peace,

MB-K

No comments: