Sunday, August 17, 2003

Brief Shout Outs

First of all, to the happy newlyweds, Meg and Pete. The wedding this Friday evening, for which I came back to the TC, was fantastic. Alot of people I had not seen in many moons were in attendance. The drinking was good, I have no idea how much alcohol I consumed, but based on the behavior of myself, Sanjay, and Andy on the ride back from the reception, I would estimate about 1 buttload. The food was fantastico. Christo's, a greek restaurant, was in charge and they came strong. I don't know exactly how much say Pete and Meg personally had over the menu, but whoever made the final decisions shares my palate. There was a solid Greek salad with beaucoup de feta and olives, there were some green beans and some baby red potatoes. There was a really tasty beef tenderloin dish in a tomato sauce-it was excellent. Very Northern Greece, right in the mountains on the Italian border. Mario did a show there once, though I can't remember the taste of the region. It mixes the Italian appearnce of a pasta sauce with some very distinctly Greek flavors in the beef. It was rounded out by a phylo pastry wrapped chicken breast. Very very good. I will talk more about the food and the wedding at some point. This is just a brief shout out. Congrats to the honeymooners.

Others on the brief shout out list-Sanjay, for winning last night's poker tournament; Katie for finishing the largest glass of wine ever poured by a human being; Leslie Fishbein for some incredible bruschetta; and my parents, specifically my mother, for reasons that an entirely different, much longer post will have to tackle when I retrun to Suckalo. I think we are heading to the MOA now, Katie has to get the shopping fix, even if I am counting on my parents to buy Chipotle for lunch.

Peace,

MB-K

No comments: