Wednesday, August 06, 2003

Pros and Cons and Whatev...

So a brief continuation of the pros and cons:

pro-I have a bigger computer monitor to use
con-katie has my laptop

pro-I can watch the TV shows that I always like, regardless of what Katie would watch
con-its really kinda fun to see her react to the shows she doenst like and its cute to watch the shows she likes

pro-I didnt have to work on Monday
con-I was really really lonely

That is enough of the whole pros and cons thing. It was a great idea on Monday and I really was just gonna run with it, but eventually it just didnt work anymore so I gave up on the whole fucking thing. No more pros and cons.

So on Monday early afternoon I got a call from the Dobs. The Dobs was like, I am in New York City and I am driving home, I will stop by. I was all like sure, whatev the Dobs. So he said he would call me when he got close, probably around 7 that night. I got no call from the Dobs that day and that was no surprise, since Dobs has told me he would be here three different times and has never shown. Sometimes he calls me from wherever it is he was going and informs me that he accidentally drove by. Sometimes he misses his turn, sometimes it was too early or too late, sometimes his phone breaks. Sometimes he doesnt realize how far it is to Buffalo, etc. etc.

Well, imagine my surprise when the Dobs called me the next day to say he didnt leave on Monday but would actually be leaving that day. I got the messages when I woke up to go to work, as I obviously wasn't going to wake up to answer a call from a number I didnt know at like 9:30 am. I was still all like, believe that shit when I be seein that shit and shit.

The ultimate point is that the Dobs called me that evening and actually showed up at my apartment. We didn't really do anything, we just sat here, smoked a little stuff that the Dobs brought with him and chilled. It is a little ridiculous that I havent really hung around with anyone besides Katie in like 2 1/2 months. Don't get me wrong, I am very happy to just chill out in the old apartment with the Katie bear and watch reruns of Dawson's Creek or the Gilmore Girls or any of the WB's other quality programs. Nonetheless, I miss the occassional chillin night with the old folks from the TC.

Anyway, that was my night with the Dobs. He apparently got these tattoos, one of which is okay though it is some Japanese characters that mean bravery or whatever with a Japanese fighting fish in front of them. It actually looks pretty good, regardless of your personal feelings about tattooing Japanese characters on yourself and the value of the words those characters represent. It is just a decent looking tattoo, I like the "font" (or whatever its called in the tattooing world) and the design etc. You may have specific feelings about tattoos of Japanese fighting fish too but I have virtually no experience with them, so go fuck yourself. I think they are kinda cool, even though I have never actually seen them fight.

So on the less cool side, the Dobs got another tattoo. That tattoo is his initials, which isnt inherently loserific, but he did get it on his ankle. Seriously, the Dobs has a tattoo on his ankle, its so lame and so loserish and so fucked up. Its absolutely ridiclous. I mean, the Dobs recognizes that at this point, he was not sober and made a mistake. None the less, it is funny as hell when you see the Dobs and his ankle tat. The Dobs just has to pray that he never goes to jail with a tatoo on his ankle, it is really lame. Make sure no woman ever sees him with his socks off. Poor Dobs.

So the Dobs is driving back to Minnesota now. I bought him some gas this morning, but I dont think he has nearly enough money to get back to Minnesota. He had like 50 bucks, he didnt have any cigarettes, any food, anything to drink, and had to pay for both gasoline and tolls. Tolls alone back to Minnesota are like 20 bucks and gas is simply more than 30. Unless the Dobs' fucking car became a hybrid in the last month or two, I mean, if you get 400 miles per tank you only need 2 1/4 tanks to get home. Fundamentally, the point is that it can't be done. The Dobs was obviously going to buy cigarettes. The Dobs was high, the Dobs was obviously going to buy food and drink. My guess is that he made it somewhere in Ohio before he either called someone he knew in the area or started stealing golf clubs or whatever. I guess we will hear about it later. Maybe from prison, where his ankle tatt gets him some hardcore loving.

Peace,

MB-K

No comments: