Tuesday, October 21, 2003

My Rats Come In Packs Like Sammy and Dean Martin...

I have been oot for the past several days because Katie and I took her debate team up to Burlington, Vermont for the weekend. It was actually two of her teams, a raw novice squad composed of two kids who are hella smart and pretty cool, and the JV team she also took to Rochester last weekend. We were fortunate enough to get a ride up there with the folks from Rochester, who were taking a giant coach bus thing. That solved the biggest problem with the weekend, which is that I would have had to drive the 8-ish hours home after the end of the tournament on Sunday night. Instead, while it wasn't the most comfortable thing in the world, we got to let driver dude do his job and get some sleep in the bus.

It was unfortunate that on the way to Rochester to get on the bus, we all had to ride in my car, so that there were four kids in the back. Thankfully Adam is a small one, so they were in less pain then they could have been. Regardless, it sucked that our drive up there was at night, because I think the whole area would have been beautiful. The folks from Vermont were kind enough to supply us housing, so we stayed in this absolutely stunningly gorgeous farmhouse out in the Vermont countryside. We found out later from speaking to the woman who lived there that it was 198 years old and it was just gorgeous. Old fashioned fireplaces and hardwood floors and just incredible shit overall.

I'll say more about the tournament and the Vermont experience later on, but at the moment I am still involved in catching up on the tremendous amount of sleep I have lost over the past three days.

Peace,

MB-K

No comments: