Monday, November 22, 2004

Got My First Real Six String, Bought it at the Five and Butt

So here is my one Monday Night Football note. No fucking introduction? Thats electro-weak. Naked Nicollete Sheridan jumps on T.O., and now I get no celebrity with a witty joke or stereotypical character play. What the fuck? If there is no spiffy intro next week believe me that abc will get a letter from me. Well, maybe you shouldn't believe me, since I have yet to deliver on my promises to write Arby's, McDonalds, or the MTZ, amongst many others. Anyway, that blows.

A couple snack related comments. First, to Pepperidge Farm: there is no need to make "single serving verions" of your cookies. One of the bags is one fucking serving of cookies. Its a damn expensive serving of cookies, maybe its even 1.5 if you are on a diet, but no more than that. If you can open a Pepperidge Farm cookie bag, eat a suggested serving size, and close the bag, you have too much fucking willpower. Get a job with the CIA and direct it towards nuclear secrets or something and have another Milano. The folks at PF also seem to have decided that the Milano is now just an adaptable cookie format, like you can make it any freaking flavor you want. Mint Milano, chure, I will give you that one, good call. Even mocha, I am down. But orange? Orange milanos? Come on, I know that chocolate and citrus work alright together, but give it a rest. You make like a billion dollars every time you sell a single bag for like $21.95, no need to expand that market.

Secondly, Mountain Dew, who seems to think about the same thing on the subject of their feature beverage, actually hit the jackpot with grape. In my mind cherry and orange suck donkey but something about the grape-dew combination just jives. It works really well in other beverages too, I should note. The grape-lemonade or "Purple-Saurus Rex" phenomenon is brilliant and my own personal creation of the "Grape Kool-a-Tini" is a wonderful concoction if I have ever seen one. The grape martinis I have had in a couple of swanky bars support that theory but without the "ooooh yeah!!!" power that the Aid brings to the party.

Black and Decker auto-tape!! That is fucking brilliant. Since I have all the handy-person skill of a panda bear without any of the white and black furry cuteness, I have no need for such a device, but what a great idea. You can take a virtual tour of the auto-tape here.. I especially like the descriptions of its various applications including "Hang things on a wall" which is just brilliantly specific. Why don't they just put "Measure shit" as number five. Great idea though. If I ever have to install a shelf I know what I am picking up.

Katie comes back tomorrow and thank God as I am going crazy. Not having anyone to talk to is okay for a day or two, but gets old real fast. Not to mention that with this weekend being the Glenbrooks there was no one online the whole time. I don't think I spoke to anyone who wasn't either a cashier or on the telephone all weekend. I guess one of the Bud Girls said hello and even though it was the Ashlee Simpson lookalike, it really don't count.

Ah a good old brief random collection of pointless observations and obsessive takes. Gotta love that shit.

Peace,

MB-K

No comments: