Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Ride the Tiger, You Can See His Stripes But You Know He’s Clean, Oh Don’t You See What I Butt

It is 11:45. It appears that we will lose Florida. That means if we hold eveything we are expected to hold and win Ohio we still have a chance. Absent that there is trouble. I don't really know what else to say here, though I should mention that MSNBC has a pale immitation of NBC's pale immitation of Donna. She has lighter red hair but also no turtleneck, so there is a little of the column a/column b situation.

I am already tired and I really didn't expect to be. I was pretty certain that I wouldn't be going to sleep before 1 or 2 at the very earliest, but I am already tired and to be honest, slightly discouraged. Tim Russert and Chris Matthews are not nearly as entertaining this year as they were in 2000 and Wolf Blitzer acts like he is reading things off his clipboard when they are quite obviously on a teleprompter. I like to hope that at the very least you have something written on that paper, but dude, when you announce something as "breaking just now" don't look down at your clipboard like it was a fucking Ouija board. It didn't break just now on the sheet of plastic you grabbed out of the CNN gift shop on your way to the show.

Final thing, maybe it has been like this for a long time, but the fact some big park-like square area in Rockefeller Center is named "Democracy Plaza" is fucking stupid. If this is a direct result of 9/11 than its just non-sensical, I mean, not even Freedom or Patriot or Jingoist Plaza, but Democracy. If this pre-existed 9/11 than it is both somewhat stupider (why, absent a moment of mindless nationalism do you name a place after the basic idea of government in your country, its like naming something Bicameral Village) and a little better, insofar as it least its based on stupid thinking which is not spontaneously reactionary.

I will at least acknowledge the state of the world before I go to sleep, though I am not sure when that will be or what state of affairs it will correlate with. Barak Obama rocks, I guess that is at least one positive thing to take from tonight, no matter what else goes on. If you live in Alaska, and you haven't voted yet, fucking get out and vote. Then stop and hang around with the seals and polar bears while you take your dog sled into Juneau during the 100 hour long days.

Peace,

MB-K

No comments: