Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Its Early Morning, The Sun Comes Out, Last Night Was Shaking, and Pretty Butt

Packers win a big one and a tight one at home. Their offense may be as good as their defense is bad, which is indeed saying something. With the exception of the Colts I don't think there is a better offense in the NFL right now, if for no other reason then they are great when they are balanced and have the potential to go entirely one way or the other if the ground game fails or Brett is just off. The Vikes are obviously in this discussion as well of course, if they have Randy Moss yesterday I can't imagine that we would have won the game. Even if Al Harris had the fantastic game he did against Burleson against the Freak, Mark Roman wasn't going to shut down Burleson, so we got lucky in that respect. Finally, the game was horribly officiated in virtually all respects. There were some awful calls and some awful spots. We got the benefit of some of those and got fucked on a couple as well.

Anyway, if you would have told me the Pack would be leading the NFC North after week 10 I would have been pretty pleased. I am happy that we will probably end up at least 500, though I am now frustrated with how bad our defense is. I know I'm a homer on this front, but I think if you add a defense to this organization you can make a big run with this offense. We can't stop fucking anyone in any circumstance. 4th and 26 will haunt us until we get another Reggie White, preferably one who isn't a biggoted fuck. I hope Mike McFuckenzie is happy. Fucker. Not that having Sharper hurt helps. It just blows that Javon Walker is becoming one of the elite receivers in the NFL, we have the best power running game in the league, and Bret, while obviously not the player he was in the mid-late nineties, can still show up for 4 touchdowns and a 120+ QBR, and we still were at 1-4 one point this season.

Since the Packers did manage to pull off the win, yesterday was overall a fucking awesome day to watch football. I switched between the New York Football Jets versus the Ravens and Vick's Falcons taking on the Bucs, then it was the Pack, then the Bills at the night game. The Bills suck hard by the way, Willis McGahee is great and the defense doesn't suck total ass (I would give everything to have their D in the NFC North) but the O Line blows and Bledsoe could swallow his own ass. So regardless.

One final sports related note, I have the ESPN bottomline on my computer, so its like having an 1-2 hour old sports ticker at the bottom of my internet explorer window. Anyway, you can select what sports you want it to give you headlines for and I have pretty muhc everything, including the NHL. I laugh hysterically everytime the ticker comes around to the NHL because these are literally the first 5 headlines on it:

Phoenix at Boston (DELAYED)
Philladelphia at Montreal (DELAYED)
Dallas at Toronto (DELAYED)
Los Angeles at Nashville (DELAYED)
Edmonton at Colorado (DELAYED)

It fucking cracks me up that they just left the schedule on there even though all the games were canceled, how ridiculous is that shit. I mean, I have never been the world's biggest NHL fan, but I like to read the Wild blurbs and watch a couple games with the boys when I am in the TC. Buffalo is really depressed about the whole situation, especially insofar as the city effectively doesn't have an NFL team now either. So thats that.

Alejandro Jimenez is in Hawaii. Seriously, I know there are some shitty things about working for the airline industry these days, but at least the going to Hawaii without going all bank-cracky and shit balances some of that out. It was snowing here the other day and A.J. was on a fucking white sandy beach in front of a green-blue ocean. He is going from that lovely paradise to the wonderland of Eugene, Oregon to spend some time with APK and Triple-siz-nan-jizzle-jay. Looking forward to those stories you should be.

Katie is addicted to Spider Solitaire, this is an addiction that I feel somewhat responsible for, but she has really taken it to a new fucking all-time level. I mean, I like Spider Solitaire and I probably play a game or two on occassion, during debate tournaments more than that. Anyway, literally, if you want to communicate with Katie at this point you have to begin your sentence with "You can put the red eight..." or she won't even turn her head. We orderd pizza tonight and I think it was because making the biscuits we had planned for would have taken at least two games of medium difficulty. There are times you can see she is watching tv or whatever, but imagining moving a whole stack of cards into a free area and exposing the one 6 she needs for it all to fall into place.

Finally, I blew up a candle yesterday. I don't know how that happened, but I lit a candle, I set it on the table and I let it burn. It was getting down pretty low, maybe that is relevant maybe not, I have no fucking clue. Anyway, about half an hour later I hear a pop and the candle (which I should note, is encased in a glass thing) literally blows up. One piece of glass shoots out about a foot, a bunch of others just short of fall onto the table, the whole thing cracks down the middle, and there is glass dust (at least my paranoia determined it was glass dust, it may have just been soot or somethign) all over the place. I cleaned it up but I have another candle burning now and I am scared that its gonna put my eyes out.

Peace,

MB-K

No comments: