Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Can't Fight the Seether, I Can't See Her Till I'm Foaming at the Butt

There were a ton of possibilities for butt-lyrics in this song. If I ever begin repeating tunes Veruca Salt has a couple more go-rounds. So Katie thinks my transcription of the Andy-Sanjay message is inappropriate. I think it both evades the use of naughty language and, since it is a direct quote/transcription, I don't think I get the blame. Not to mention, I just don't think there is a funnier way to convey the story than by transcribing it. I avoided the text of the less than presentable Auld Lang Sygne message so I think thats hard core restraint.

I haven't mentioned recently enough, how great a program the O.C. is. Important plot updates, it looks like Marissa is about to get involved with Alex, Seth's very brief girl-toy. Seth Cohen is still my second favorite character on TV and to be honest with you, now that Josh left the Bartlett administration, he's gaining some ground. Not to mention that Seth is in that great melodramatic angsty sarcastic situation that seems to always precede his relationship with Summer. I don't know for how many consecutive seasons they will be able to pull off that plotline, I guess you can keep varying his opposition from Luke (the anti-Seth) to Zack (the non-Seth) and at the very least you will have whoever happens to fill next season's logical role (according to the Grascian square) of the non-anti-Seth. Maybe it will be a sensitive water-polo player, I don't have the concept down yet.

The points I intended to make about this point in the season were twofold: 1) it rocks, everything about it rocks on and rocks hard, watch the OC, its one of the best shows on the air. 2) people are really pissy that Marissa likes girls. I mean, I can't say that most people are pissed about it and I don't really give a shit about what idiots who post on the O.C. forums have to say, but outside of people whose opinions I could have predicted (i.e. non-bigots) they are my only source of info. I can somewhat understand people who would say its a cheap publicity stunt, but if you've watched the show at all, its completely not the case. The whole idea fits pretty well into Marissa's life at the moment. A number of people indicated that their kids were pissy about the show, even if it didn't bother the parents, which just goes to show that you eat balls at capitalizing on potential teaching moments with your children.

Katie and I had a very nice Valentine's Day. I got her a pajama-gram which featured a pair of cashmere pjs I think she is very happy with. It was, of course, complemented with a box of Watson's truffles, a throw-back to the chocolates I gave her the night we got engaged. Even better, we are not done, since we are going to a suite in the falls next weekend, when we actually don't have a single debate to judge.

I am tired and I can't continue typing during one of Katie's favorite programs What Not to Wear. As a result I will say adios until sometime later. I feel profoundly unwitty. How bout this to wrap up. Should we get a google bomb started? Katie suggests "penis penis."

Peace,

MB-K

No comments: