Sunday, February 06, 2005

Lets Get it Started, Ha!, Lets Get it Started in Butt

So we are counting down the moments to the Super Bowl and while we do so, I should simply mention to you the amazing thing that is currently taking place on Animal Planet. It is THE PUPPY BOWL!! You should tune to Animal Planet right now and see if you can catch a little bit of the show, especially if you're reading this on Sunday. Literally, this is a three hour program of puppies playing on a mini-football field. I have no idea who came up with this programming concept, but I think its clear that s/he is the smartest person ever to exist in any context ever. Without question. While you are on the Animal Planet website do me a favor, hi up the "Vote for MVP" link and vote for Itsy, the French Bulldog, as most valuable puppy. It was really really cute when it was playing with the big German Shepard.

I watched this Budweiser commercial that was rejected from the Super Bowl telecast. Its available at their website if you want to see it. The two things to note are: 1) its not really very funny, like the people on local sports radio were arguing for the entire fucking week 2) its not at all offensive, holy ass. I mean, I get that they don't want to draw attention to the fact that last year they showed a titty, but no one has forgotten. Why not allow a commercial that makes the whole thing seem like an accident? The Ostrich strategy is not going to get you anywhere on this one.

We're having a fairly low-key Super Bowl evening, just Katie, Hippo, and I. Hippo got a bunch of invitations to Super Bowl parties but she decided to stay in and enjoy some snacks with us. We're having cheese and crackers, sour cream and cheddar chips, bacon wrapped water chestnuts, fresh chocolate cake, and cheddarwurst with french fries. Its a tasty collection of foods but I sort of wish we had a group of friends in the area, the idea of throwing a Super Bowl party, or really any party, is very appealing to me. We have a great amount of entertaining materials and abilities, but I think the last person who came over to our apartment was Andrea on Katie's birthday. Admittedly we did plenty of hangin round the holdiays and we spend alot of our weekends at debate tournaments, but its still kinda sad. Maybe someday we will be able to figure something out so I have an opportunity to show off my wife, kitty, and skillz. We don't have much space I suppose, irregardless...

Fox just did a little piece on Javon Kearse and his inspirational brother-dying story. The intro to the film was Pam Oliver explaining that "Kearse lived for sacks." Unfortunately, the woman doesn't seem to differentiate enough between her soft "a" and "e" sounds and I had to rewind to determine that #93 isn't APK style.

I've been taking part in a virtual superbowl party at Big Screen's house this afternoon. Its pretty chweet. I am now officially a dual user of AIM and MSN Messenger, so go fuck yourself technology. Its just like being at home except everyone is small and they don't talk clearly and I can't talk to them and they look a little like there is a strobe light constantly going off. I wish I was there having a PBR right now.

Anywho, the game calls. I will betray my beloved NFC (as Pete has rightfully noted) and cheer against the Eagles. I just can't forgive the 4th and 26. Alright, time to enjoy the last NFL experience of the season. Its bittersweet, like the chocolate that went into this delicious moist cake, in front of me right now.

Peace,

MB-K

No comments: