Friday, February 18, 2005

Just Like the Pied Piper, Led Rats Through the Butt

Katie and I finally watched the Project Runway end of the season get together thing and its freaking hilarious. Pete's contention is that Project Runway Season 1 is the best single season of a reality show in all of time and while I haven't been convinced entirely yet, this hour leads me towards that conviction. I think there is no question it is in the top three or so, if for no other reason than Jay is one of the best characters reality has ever seen. The behind the scenes shots indicate that not only is Jay funnier than he is portrayed (the impression of Olga's boyfriend, his "Hoe-si Klum" thing, etc) but that Robert is even stupider than you can imagine and that Wendy Pepper didn't just get Omarosa-ed. It seems that she is the jerk she looks like on the show.

Our tivo situation is dire at the moment, we are completely unable to keep up with the being gone every other weekend thing. I mean, its not like we don't record a buttload of shit, and at the moment we're behind on the Daily Show and Ellen. I mean, I'm also a week behind on Point Pleasant and a little more on 24 and Carnivale. I have finally been in the mood to catch up on those shows, at least 24, and I really want to watch Carnivale, but I feel so behind on the premise of the program that I don't know when it will make enough sense to prove completely enjoyable. Its got some great David Lynch-like moments and I'm a sucker for large scale good-evil conflict played out in unlikely small time circumstances. Anywho, Katie was gone last night and I watched tv like it was going out of style, but we were still like 90% full. Hopefully being home for most of the weekend will mean that we can catch up before we go on the final debate bender of the season.

That bender is a vicious whore, by the way, that for me includes Vermont and Washington, D.C. Thats two pretty extensive drives, espeically in comparison to previous trips to Buffalo, Rochester, Cornell, and Binghamton. Not to mention that I hate driving in the first place and certainly am not a big fan of doing it with a bunch of college personnes qui je ne connai pas. Apparently the drives are 6 and 8 hours respectively, but I'm not entirely sure I agree with that assessment, seeing as how last year's trip to Vermont took between 8-10 and I fundamentally just don't believe that D.C. is 8 hours away. I know what mapquest and google maps and rand mcnally all say and Katie has told me as well, but there is no way its only 8 hours away. While the tournament at Georgetown is hella far away, at least the schedule is pretty easy for a pretty cool place. Burlington, on the other hand, while seeming to be a pretty legit town, is a repeat of the ass-licking schedule from last weekend. 5 debate rounds on Saturday munches it, even if it is just JV and novice. I can hope/assume that they will lag power round 4 and since there are fewer complicated debates/decisions, that we will be out by 9 or so. Nonetheless, the prospect of another 14 hour Saturday looms large on the horizon. After those two Katie will likely be gone for a 10 day jaunt around the Northwest from San Francisco to Spokanne. Obviously the first half of that journey is way fucking cooler than the second. It means that while I will likely get alot of work done in early March, I will spend the 10 days leading up to and including Easter alone with Hippo.

Alright, I just wanted to say happy weekend. If you need me I will be watching this week's all new "The O.C."

Peace,

MB-K

No comments: