Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Everytime I See Your Picture I Cry and I Try To Get Over Butt

I feel like Strongbad. I mean, it didn't go down quite that way. Anyway, my computer broke. To fix it would have required a new motherboard in the area of 500 dollars, something a three year old laptop is by no means worth. I knew I was gonna by a new one next spring/summer anyway, this just solidified that fact. Thankfully I should have a University of Rochester laptop to use for the course of this academic year. In the meantime I'm still dealing with sharing Katie's computer and would like to thank her again for her generosity in that respect. My laptop has now been converted into an external hard drive which, alongside the assistance of a powered 4-port USB hub, allows me to access the old computadora through any of its brethren. To some extent, I have made the old Toshiba even more powerful, since it is now no longer tied to its physical body, but can inhabit any form it chooses.

We looked at some of the new laptops that were available while they extracted and installed the laptop's drive into an attractive little white casing. Toshiba has some ass kicking models that I really like, one that was about $1500 that had a 17" screen, 100 gig hard drive, 1024 megs of ram and lots of good stuff. I really like the gigantic widescreen laptop things. It seems like a couple years ago the trend was towards smaller smaller smaller machines, and that has been reversed, by my survey. There were still a couple things that would have looked at home with Will Ferell's hip character who rode the scooter in the hip store sketch on SNL, but alot more with full size keyboards and monitors. There was even this gorgeous black shiny model that had a built in DVR and tv tuner, so that I could record everything onto my hardrive and watch wherever it was available.

Anyway, I am really pissed at BB6 after a really really enjoyable week last time around. Kaysar came back , cuz 82% of America agrees with me on the fact that he was the nuts this year. Anyway, Jennifer, the jerkasscock that she is, is going to result in his immediate dispersal. I mean, it was his fault for giving up the HoH competition that he had her pwnd on, but it still pisses me off. She deserves to get shot through the neck with a metaphorical crossbow. I think the fact that he got voted in by America should result in him being safe for at least a couple weeks. I recognize that I am partisan on this question, but I hate Ivette, Maggie, and Jennifer more than just about any characters in the history of reality TV. Beau and April aren't my fave either, but they don't get on the radar with those three and their assorted crappityness combined with their love for Cappy. If Eric had stayed on the show long enough to be anything but a short bald loudy-mc-louden-pants who occasionally happened to be on the right side of political arguments (in what I have entitled the WTF Episode of Season 6) just enough to make me not put a price on his head, he would be in the same league. Anyway, the remainder of the summer's reality programming seems somewhat doomed. I'm not gonna abandon Julie Chen or anything, but it would have been more fun if King Kaysar was around to play.

Hippo has really really sharp claws that haven't been trimmed in far too long. They are in desperate need of trimming, so we are gonna take a run at them. Maybe she'll get catnip as a reward.

Peace,

MB-K

No comments: