Monday, March 03, 2003

Avril and Such

I just heard the other day that Britney is going back into the studio for a late summer/fall release. That means we might have a video or single by late July, which is very good. The reason I bring this up is because Avril keeps coming so fucking strong it is hardly believable. She has now recorded her 4th number 1 video from this album. The songs are all totally solid too, what I think are definatively the best four songs on the album. I am not sure whether or not there are more singles from this album or not. There are a couple others that could work. I havent heard for sure, but I would guess that she is already recording.

So here is the deal, Britney is my girl. I would imagine she always will be. I mean, I saw her in concert with my beautiful girlfriend/fiance. As I have said many times before she was 30 feet away from me, wet and flying. It was an incredible evening in the lower deck of the Target Center. Nonetheless, Avril is coming totally fucking strong. I mean, this girl rocks, rocks so fucking hard. She definatively has the best gestures in rock and roll and is currently rounding out the top 5 (numbers 4-5) on the cutest moments in rock and roll history. That list, of course, is:

1) Britney's na-na-na-na-na, na-na-na-na-naaaah, with the head nod during the original Joy of Pepsi video.
2) RLC's head shake during the final repeated riff in Josie and the Pussycats hit single "3 Small Words"
3) RLC's outtake at the end of Josie and the Pussycats where she hits her nose on the mic
4) Avril's guitar rocking gesture during "sk8r boi rockin up MTV"
5) Avril's push through the crowd before the first refrain of "I'm With You"

Avril has also pulled into third in the list of the women who are almost as attractive as Katie. That list, though slightly more obvious, is:

1) Britney Spears
2) Willow (Alyson Hannigan)
3) Avril Lavigne

I have no desire to even extend the list beyond that. Those three pretty much blow everyone else away. I think RLC would be up there soon, probably some other people too. Nonetheless, you cant really approach these three.

I know Britney will, having enjoyed her 6 months off, come back and rock hard. Her next album will restate, very clearly that she is the ultimate music goddess, but for the moment I thought I would let Avril know that she is really really making a push. I would imagine she will pass up at least one of RLC's moments to escalate to the top 3, not quite yet though.

On another note, I saw Identity today, it was good. It was not perfect, it was very very good, but it was not perfect. I am not really in a position to be able to say what they should have done better, which is what a good criticism usually involves. But I will think about it. I will grant them 2 things 1) they were on the right track-they had the right movitations and the right ideas, they just didnt quite nail it 2) their suspense creation over the course of the film as a whole was incredibly done. I have not seen many films in general that have solid suspenseful moments, almost from beginning to end. Rope, maybe. Probably some other flicks I am not remembering. I am going to think about how to fix this, and the film itself, over the next several days. I will get back to you. The point however, is that you should without question see the movie. It is very very good. I doubt a better film has come out this year, nor will one unil Matrix Reloaded.

Okay, I am out, keep it real. Much love to my Katie bear and the boyz at the TOC.

Peace,

MB-K

No comments: