Tuesday, March 25, 2003

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

So I have actually had this news for a while, but I was scared to say anything about it. It is my experience that saying anything about really really sweet things tends to fuck them up hardcore, but I am now confident enough to announce that KATIE IS COMING TO BUFFALO!!! It is without question, the absolute best thing ever to happen...ever.

Buffalo is, without question, the worst place on the face of the planet. I would rather live in Baghdad then this town. But with Katie here, Xanadu. Seriously, I have been so lonely all this year. I miss my friends, I miss my family, but most of all (no offense you) I miss my Katie-bear. At the point I decided I wanted to marry her, it was pretty clear to me that there was one person whom, assuming I could be with them, could make me happy my entire life. I will always miss the homies back in the TC. But this city becomes a whole fucking lot cooler when I dont have to watch Survivor by myself every week.

Maybe everything is coming into balance. The biggest problem I can imagine with Katie living here is pretty significant. Gilmore Girls (her big show) and Buffy (the greatest program ever) are on at THE SAME TIME. But in the sadness and pain of Buffy's final moments, I can find joy. There will be no need to compromise on Tuesday nights. Someone up there is looking out for us.

Anyway, the fact that Katie is coming here has made me really happy. Like really unbelieveably enormously happy. The fact that I am on my third black russian helps too. The gloomy skies of Buffalo just got alot brighter.

On a completely unrelated note, Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn is the worst program ever. Nothing like listening to high-school educated stand up morons like Nick Dipalo spout right wing propaganda hardly spiced up by bad metaphors. At least Colin Quinn had the decency to invite Janine Garofolo occassionally, it just sucks that she is resented BECAUSE she is liberal and intelligent. I doubt its coincedental that she is a woman in this situation either. Not alot of successful and funny women in the stand up business. I can tolerate watching the show when she is on, but I hate to see this gang of fucking morons gang up on the one person who regularly makes sense. Maybe Comedy Central decided that they have to follow up the quality, and admittedly left-wing slant, of the Daily Show with something for the GOPhers. Oh well, take what you can get I guess.

Again, really really happy. Cant wait to have Katie here. My couch feels less lonely already.

Peace,

MB-K

No comments: