Monday, March 24, 2003

Bored enough to write randomly to no one...

I have now actually become bored enough to do exactly what this subject indicates. I now know so many people who randomly write on the internet and I will admit that I, for the most part, do not understand the fascination. At the same time, what the fuck else do I have to do.

Don't get me wrong, television is a fantastic source of entertainment, I would straight up not have survived the 7-odd months I have spent in the godforsaken land of Buffalo absent my friends at the Food Network, Comedy Centrl, and prime time in general. Nonetheless, one gets to the point where simply watching television alone no longer cuts it. I can write, think, etc. while watching whatever happens to be on, especially considering I have seen damn near all of these programs before.

Admittedly, I am working towards my PhD so I do have work to do, but I simply cannot read Husserl for more than 8 hours a day. I think I do a fair amount of work, I just do it during the day. I get up early, have a smoke and some coffee, roll into 632 Clemens and read for a while before teaching, class, lectures, etc. I read afterwards for a while, I go back to my lonely-ass apartment, read a while longer, than switch to TV and have something to eat.

On an entirely random note, Mitch Hedberg is quite possibly the funniest man alive. I have seen this special on comedy central like 10 times, not to mention every time I have listened to the album. I am extraordinarily jealous of AJ having seen him open for Lewis Black. I can only imagine the glory of technologizing before sitting through Mitch's schtick. Everything this dude says is funny, if you dont like Mitch Hedberg, you dont have a soul. It really is that simple.

I suppose I could ramble on about the Oscars ,or the extraordinary amount of MSNBC I have watched in the last 5 days, or how incredible the first two rounds of the tournament were, but I guess I will save that shit for another time. I feel somehow like I shouldnt tackle too much in an opening post. I;m sure I will continue soon.

Peace,

MB-K

No comments: