Monday, March 31, 2003

I Rock So Fucking Hard

I totally rolled today, everything I planned went through...as...planned. I got up and drank my coffee and wrote out a lesson plan in like 20 minutes. I had budgeted somewhere nearer an hour for this process, so I got the opportunity to enjoy switching between Sportscenter (which has new Bottomline grapchics, I like them, they are smaller, but they make me wish I had a larger television, also, I wonder if they are going to update the PC version of the bottomline, regardless) and MSNBC. I did however get pretty pissed that NBC and their affiliates cut Peter Arnette loose because the dude gave an interview to Iraqi TV which indicated the war was more difficult then planned.

I dont particularly understand why it is that this bothers them so much, many people have said much the same thing on the air. I guess the point is that it seemed like Arnette was a trader or something. Obviously this is a ridiculous position to hold, but, big surprise, there are Americans holding ridiculous positions on this war especially regarding what is and is not patriotic to say about it. So now it appears that MSNBC's pictures from Baghdad are all just being stolen from Al Jazeera or Abu Dhabi TV. This sucks, especially because Peter Arnette rocked, he was definitively the best of the in Baghdad reporters and maybe the best correspondent overall. Dude has won Pullitzers for his fucking war coverage, he covered Vietnam and the Gulf War I, he had serious fucking connections with Iraqi leaders. He had an 1:30 hour interview with Tarik Aziz for fuck's sake. Apparently dipshits at NBC are either way too fucking bound up in the success of this war to actually recognize that it is vital to have someone actually at the heart of the beast or, in my opinion, drastically overestimate how much their public would care about one of their correspondents actually giving such an interview. I would imagine they would lose many more viewers when they lose such an important correspondent than they would people pissed of at Mr. Arnette. If someone picks him up, as I would imagine they will soon, I will be very tempted to switch to them.

So I ended up leaving my house a little early and since I had extra time due to my extraordinary lesson planning abilities I was able to stop at the Tinder Box and get my smokes before class, saving me from having to roll the last shards of the previous can of Samson (notably, I have cut down on smoking by a pretty impressive amount, this last can lasted over 2 weeks!). I went to class, everything was pretty smooth, we did some peer review, etc. Answered some questions about the research paper they have to do, which, again, I am still impressed with myself for.

I went up to my office and decided to put in some hardcore work into the paper for my Frankfurt School class. I worked for approximately 2:50 minutes, with only one cigarette break, and got like 7 pages done, bringing the grand total to approximately 10. That means I have only about 5-8 pages left to go, easy enough considering I still havent brought Adorno into the mix. I came back to my place and re-read Adorno in preparation for writing that part of the paper tomorrow. I even got the incentive to outline some of the relevant arguments there. Seriously, I rocked this shit.

So I dont have much to do tonight, I will watch Married by America of course, but I kind of feel like having Chinese food, I may run to the cheap buffet. That is a decision which is yet to be made.

Peace,

MB-K

No comments: