Tuesday, April 01, 2003

BTVS-Countdown to the Final Hour

I admittedly, have not watched this show the whole way through. I mean, I have seen every episode, but I didnt start watching the show until Season 5 on a regular basis. I have seasons 1-2 on DVD, still no available money to get season 3, though it is pretty much on the next priority list.

FUCKING WEAK!! They made it seem like it was a fucking new episode, I didnt even think to check. I just figured that since the sesason was coming to a close that they would actually show new episodes. In my quest to make sure I didnt see any possible spoilers I have been avoiding all the regular BTVS websites, so I didnt even notice that they were just playing "Sleeper" again this week. Sleeper, probably not a coincedental reference to what became famous as terrorist "sleeper cells" after 9-11. Its a good episode, but this is not the point.

Last week's episode was one of my all time favorites. It had some of the elements that I especially love in other episodes of the show. The episode about Spike's being sired and the two slayers he killed is fantastic and this has many explicit and not so explicit references back to that show. Spike is in the position that Homer was in for a while on the Simpsons, it was difficult, but the writers realized that some of the best moments in the show are when you concentrate on him. The one good thing which has so far come out of the repeat is that when Spike is burying his new victim, the cute blonde girl we realize he killed while in the thrall of the First, he is whistling the folk song that his mother will sing to him in last week's episode.

I had hoped to just talk randomly during this whole episode about the things it reminded me of, but that is obvioulsy not going to work.

I will mention that now I get the opportunity to switch between American Idol and Buffy. I really like American Idol, I wish that it didnt conflict with the best show of all time so I would never miss it. I only got to see the last few episodes last season, this year I have gotten enough to know all the contestants. Kimberly is good and very hot, but the big dude, I cant remember his fucking name (he sang Sweet Home Alabama and Whole New World) rocks. He is my favorite but I doubt he can win, hes not a great looking dude, but what a fucking voice.

One other random note, the movie Identity looks like it could be really really sweet. John Cusack in a movie that looks like it may be combining some of the aspects of Usual Suspects and maybe even Hitchcock. Can't wait to see it.

Peace,

MB-K

No comments: