Wednesday, April 02, 2003

Why the fuck has the Pizza Hut in My Town Learned Shit About Shit

The internet can in some ways be confusing, but for the most part anyone can handle it. There are some things that are just really fucking simple to do. Most of the time there is just a button that says submit and you have to fucking press it and whatever you typed goes to whoever you typed it to. Reading things off a computer is even simpler. It is exactly the same as reading things off other media, like type or television. If you cant read off a computer, you simply cannot read. There is no special computer skill involved in reading.

So I dont know exactly how it is that pizza joints run their online ordering systems, but if they are not absolute fucking morons this is essentially how it should work. You order a pizza online. The pizza place's computer receives a message which it displays on the screen which indicates what you want and where you live. The person who would normally take the order via phone does whatever the fuck it is that they would normally do if the order was called in. The people make the fucking pizza and they fucking deliver it. You can complicate this shit if you want to, you can make the message show up in real time. You could have the computer respond with an email to all the orders it receives. You could put in a little system where you click a button when the order is accepted, which sends a reply email, and another one when the order is on its way. You could add all the fucking bells and whistles you want. I really dont think it would take much work, I bet Ari or Kevin or Flury or any of those fucking computer folk could do it in a couple hours or something. Maybe I am wrong, but I doubt it.

Regardless, the stupid fucks at the Lockport Pizza Hut do not yet have online ordering. I think its fucking inexcusable. They already have a computer dont they, you cant pretend that they keep all their records in a fucking paper ledger. Its probably hooked up to the fucking internet already. Notably, its not like that would cost them more than dick-fifty anyway. I can already conclusively tell them that they have lost at least one pizza order based on the fact that they do not have online ordering. I am sure they will lose many more until they get it together.

Admittedly, there may not be alot of people out here who would initially order pizza online. That would change, however, very quickly. Put a flyer on every pizza box that explains the process and fucking everyone would try it. Imagine how much time that saves for the workers, it takes 5 seconds vs like 2 minutes to take an order. Fuck dude. This shit doesnt make any sense, Pizza Hut is a bunch of fucking morons. For some reason Papa John's, who I think definitively has the best fucking pizza chain out there (online ordering, great fucking deals, good cinna stix, good chicken fingers, and simply great pizza) doesnt have any fucking locations in all of fucking Buffalo, not just Lockport, all of Buffalo. I mean, I am aware that this town blows more ass than ass itself would blow were it able to blow ass, but there are like a couple hundred thousand people here, why the fuck does Papa John's not think this market to be worthwhile. Economic recession, blah, everyone fired, blah, people dont stop ordering pizza. Fucking rickoculous.

Thats all for now. I am going to saute a chicken breast, but I really have nothing to serve with it. I am out of garlic, cheese, pasta sauce, tomatoes, and all other forms of vegetables. I guess I will flavor it with some good Hungarian paprika that I picked up, but its still just a chicken breast with paprika. This almost makes me wish I wasnt so fucking lazy. Not enough to go get anything, just enough to wish that I would.

Peace,

MB-K

No comments: