Sunday, April 13, 2003

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday

Nothing happened today. Besides the fact that it is actually Sunday, I had no reason for titling this as such. Standard lazy day, a little homework got done, besides that, sitting around, bad television, missing my lovely Katie.

I have litttle to talk about besides how much I miss the old MSP/SP. I have seen an inordinate amount of beer commercials tonight and beer commercials always make me think of Summit. I love that beer so much, it really is the best I have ever had. The Summit EPA, no matter how far away I move from the TC, will always be the benchmark from which all beer is judged. Its not even really my first love. I drank veritably fuckloads of Ice House (as much as I hate to admit it) during high school and the first year or so of college. There was a period in there somewhere where I was big into MGD. That may have just been because it was cheap and available at Tom Thumb while I was working there. We had limited alcohol resources, obviously, so it was easiest to name a cheap beer that everyone would have, guarunteeing that we would end up with something to drink whenever Maroney/Wilking's parents were out of town.

It wasn't until my junior year of college that I started to do any serious drinking again and for the most part that was all Summit. Admittedly, I have Jen Watson to thank for teaching me the miraculous nature of this beverage. I spent a considerable number of nights at the Turf Club, Sweeney's, the Trend Bar, the roof of Jen's apartment, my parent's basement, Kiarina's apartment, Chang O'Hara's etc. drinking a good amount of Summit. While many of those nights were intially with Jen, they quickly spread out. I still tend to drink Summit exclusively whenever I am in a bar where I can expect to find it. I would imagine I have drinken more of that beer with Katie now then I have with Jen, but nonetheless, I have to give her credit for the original discovery.

I miss my Summit, I miss my Turf Club, and all the other wonderful things about Minneapolis and Saint Paul. Most importantly obviously, even above the most glorious EPA/IPA/Winter Ales, is that I miss Katie. Oh well.

On the bright side, it appears that there are only about 5 weeks left until I get to go home to pick up Katie. That seems like alot longer than it is, and I would imagine that once I get done with school the time will fly by, even if I am stuck at the WMPC all day. I also forgot to mention that it appears that I may be able to find another job, teaching reading shit to high school kids and such. I think it pays okay, hopefully I would like that better than developing photos all day.

Peace,

MB-K

No comments: