Tuesday, April 08, 2003

Fake Chipotle and "Final Hour" My Ass!!

So first of all, the good stuff. I drove home on a different route today than I usually would and happened to run across a strip mall which had a "Burrito Bay" in it. I thought to myself, that sounds like a Chipotle style place. I had inteneded to simply drive by and check it out, but I looked inside and could easily see all the chipotle implements. I decided that I would save the mac and chee for tomorrow night and have a burrito instead. I even figured that I could supplement my early evening burrito with some brushetta if necessary.

I walk in and notice that they have a burrito which is exactly the size of Chipotle's and around the same price. They also, however, have "THE GLUTTON" which is a gigantic burrito, damn near 1 1/2 times the size of a Chipotle. Beans, rice, chicken, all the same as Chipotle. Then come the differentiations, some of which are better, some of which gives Chipotle an edge. Burrito Bay has the lettuce, cheese and guac. They have the different salsas, though they do not have a corn salsa. Also, their salsas are much more obtrusive then those at Chipotle, which sucks. Next time I will just avoid the salsa. Normally I get salsa on my Chipotle because they dont just have tomatoes, well, Burrito Bay has solved that problem, they have tomatoes and onions and peppers. A big plus.

Being the phat/fat dude that I am, I could not avoid ordering a "Chicken Glutton," though I did in some ways feel bad about ordering it. Just saying that "I will have a glutton. Give me something gluttonous. I would like one of the seven deadly sins please." I mean, none of the other deadly sins work this way. You can't feel okay or even have a business at all if you call your big item "adultery" or "vanity." Maybe I am wrong and you can, but I still think its fucked up.

So in general I am pleased with Burrito Bay. They can count on me being back. I dont think I could handle one of the bigguns for anything besides my single-meal days though. They really are quite large.

I said this last week, but let me repeat that Buffy not being new sucks an ass. Especially when they try to fool me into thinking that it is, like I can't immediately tell what is going on in this episode. Jonathon isn't with the scoobies, hmm, I wonder when this was made. Stupid fucks.

The only plus of these reruns is of course that I got to watch American Idol. It now appears that Ruben is simply going to walk away with this competition. Dude is so fucking talented, just incredible. He is obviously not traditionally goodlooking, but they seem to be spinning him as a Barry White-style big sexy dude. I mean, even as a large man, I don't think that large men are ever really good looking enough to overcome that limitation. I think they look bad-ass, but not especially attractive. The point however, is that if there were ever any really good looking big men, it would be Ruben.

I really hope he wins. Dude can fucking sing.

Peace,

MB-K

No comments: