Monday, April 07, 2003

I Need TIVO So Much

So, here is the deal. I have no problem actually choosing my prime time programming. The schedule is set and it will remain that way until something changes drastically. Don't get me wrong, I am not pleased that I dont get to watch Angel as it is on and tonight the big sporting event happens to come directly into contradiction with Married By America.

Initially Married by America was a lame show. The first two episodes bit. The fact that they claimed the show would be in the vein of Joe Millionaire made me give them some credit. So I stuck with it and come the third week, it was all there. The sex, the magic, the conflict, the cuteness, everything. I am totally for Jill and Kevin, but not to the same extent that I was for Zora. This show also is not nearly as good a program as Joe Millionaire, it lacks the clash of personalities that Heidi, Melissa, and MoJo provided. Still, the women are really different, and I'm not sure who is going to win.

No surprise, FOX is hooking the winners up with half a mil, something they have to be pissed about having seen Evan and Zora get a cool mill. Obviously its still a very sweet prize. I think Kevin and Jill have a better chance of being succesful, even though the fact that he wouldnt even kiss her for like 2 weeks was a little odd. Billie Jean is kind of skanky and her fiance's dad was right when he discussed that she seems like way too much of a party girl to settle down. It was, however, hilarious to watch Dwayne (sic), Billie Jean's flaming friend, cry his eyes out at the thought of losing his friend. It was ridiculously stereotypical, and though I felt bad for the dude I couldnt help but laugh.

Anyway, I miss this show tonight because I obviously cannot not watch the Cuse as they battle the Kansas Jayhawks for the national title. I am staying happy when Kansas scores on behalf of Katie and her father, but fundamentally I love this Syracuse team. After Saturday I was convinced that Syracuse couldnt beat Kansas. When Collison and Heinrich are on I still think they might be the best team in the country, but right now Carmelo, Gerry, Dwaney (brother of the best named player in the history of basketball "Dwayney Dwayney"), and Forth, among others, are just rolling. Maybe there really is something to this 2-3 zone, because Kansas, even with the varied perimeter inside, dish out style offense, cannot seem to get anything to go. It doesnt hurt that Gerry isnt missing 3 point shots and Carmelo is finding the open person when they collapse on him.

Anyway, back to the game. Oh, NDT update, Goof made finals. Once he wins the NDT about half of my losses my senior year in high school are immediately cleared away. Fuck, they were to the NDT champion, they dont count.

Peace,

MB-K

No comments: