Friday, September 19, 2003

Ch-Chimichanga-Ch-Chimichanga!!!

I can imagine that this title is created only because we made enchiladas the other day. I mean, the "we" is a very royal "we" a Queen Elizabethian "we" if you will. Katie made the enchiladas while I shredded the cheese. Admittedly, we went a little overboard on the amount of cheese with which we topped the enchiladas, but they were hella sweet. While I totally like the enchiladas that we made and will likely enjoy some of the leftovers tomorrow I do have a question as to how they are technically enchiladas. My understanding of enchiladas was that they included enchilada sauce. You know what I am talking bout here right dawg. Its the somewhat spicy gravy like red sauce often flavored with adobo and beans and stuff. Regardless, I like enchiladas. As much as I like enchiladas I may even like saying the word enchiladas more than the actual echiladas themselves. Try saying it but make sure the "i" sounds like the "i"s in "tiki" or the second "i" in "chili". Enchiladas!! It can even just be like an exclamation.

Enchiladas always make me think of chimichangas and I fucking love chimichangas. What a great fucking idea, deep frying either a burrito or an enchilada. Fantasgreat! I haven't had a chimichanga in a long time, especially since I just don't really go to Mexican restaurants much out here. I don't even know where the good ones even are. I mean, there are a couple Don Pablos and they actually have pretty good chimichangas and fucking excellent margaritas, but I don't really feel like heading there often. As good a place as it may be its no La Cucaracha, which I have always felt is simpy good fucking eats.

Speaking of slogans like "good eats" the restaurant up the street, Anderson's Frozen Custard (whose custard is both overpriced and not even the best within a half mile radius, talk about coming motherfucking weak as shit) has entirely ripped off Dairy Queen on their sign, which literally reads "Hot Eats, Cool Treats." I mean, I aint no lawyer judge, but that shit ain't right. I am fairly certain that using someone else's slogan on your sign, especially when the both of you serve frozen dairy products and cheeseburgers, that you have violated at the very least, the letter of the law. More importantly your custard sucks and just because you have a Sponge Bob themed bouncey thing at your restaurant one day a week doesn't mean you can steal the customers of a reputable establishment who fucking came up with the blizzard.

Its weird ain't it, nowadays the idea of swirling your ice cream with oreo cookies in a big ass little blender thingy is just second nature. But when DQ rolled that shit we were all blown the fuck away. Oreos, Nerds, Butterfinger, and Snickers, those were pretty much how it started. I mean, wow, you are a fucking stud if you came up with the Blizzard aren't you. It reminds me of Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion where they claim to have invented Post-Its. How fucking cool would it be if you could say you invented the Blizzard. I mean, I have no need to pick up chicas no mas, but if I wasn't with the lovely Ms. Kauf and had invented the Blizzard I would have a shirt made that said "Whats up Honeys. I invented the Blizzard, take your panties off." How much action could you get if you invented the Blizzard. That is a great fucking story on either side of the equation. "Dude, check this out I slept with the dude-or-dudette who invented the Blizzard" or "Another one for me, that makes 4987 this year as a result of my inventing the Blizzard."

I think at somepoint earlier in this here blog I made some comments about chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream and how that now seems normal even though, at some point, the idea of putting raw chocolate chip cookie dough in vanilla ice cream was like fucked up to the MAX!! (as a tangent, I think any time you refer to something as to the MAX!!! you should put MAX!!! in that style so as to indicate that, were you talking, you would be blasting the word MAX!! in a fashion which is itself to the MAX!!!) Refer to that entry if you have more questions about the radicality of the Blizzard flavor treat.

They revealed the concept for the new Joe Millionaire tonight on Fox. The promotions people at the Fox network came very strong and lured me and Katie in by promising to show us the new dude if we watched their Friday lineups. The first show we skipped, I am just not a Wanda Sykes fan and we were watching Reba, a show which shockingly grows on me every week. More on that some other time. We watched Luis, which was alright, and then Boston Public. Midway through the show they were just like, BAM the next Joe Millionaire is a Texas cowboy dude and the women are all foreign!!! Can you believe this! We took a concept which was questionably unethical in the first place and added some xenophobia to it! I love reality TV, this show is gonna fucking rock. If it is possible to beat Joe Millionaire 1 this will do it. Plus what better way to endear us to the world post Iraq then taking women from their countries, tricking them into thinking they are trying to date a rich guy, and then making fun of their ogling a Texas good-ole-boy. Yee-haw!!!

Peace,

MB-K

No comments: