Saturday, April 17, 2004

Get Out of My Dreams...Get Into My Butt

Sorry its been so long. We have reached the end of the semester mega-fucking-crunch, and as a result all the available writing time I have is pretty much devoted to class work. I suppose that is all for the best, since these fucking things end up being a full paper long anyway. Regardless, its after 5:30 on a Saturday, I have been fairly propductive the whole week, including Friday and Saturday, which each included a couple pages and some reading, so pretty noise. So this weekend will finish at least one paper and begin another, gotta like that shitty. Though, its really sad that because of the whole Wal-Mart business I can't even really say that I'm looking forward to the end of school. While I 'm not a big fan of going to school, I am a big fan of not working at Wal-Mart, so its sort of a tight balance to acheive. My only hope is that I will win the lottery, but that isn't too lilely either. The only plus side to matters involving Wal-Mart this week is that, according to the Lockport Town Pages Wal-Mart was defeated in the city's referndum about building a Super Wal-Mart in the old Lockport mall. That means that while they may own the property and elect to build a new store there, it won;'t have a grocery store or be much bigger than the current one. From everything I have known about the Wal-Mart corporation, they are not likely to give up without a prolonged and dirty fucking fight. While I don't have any confidence that the wal-mart corporation is going to be significantly challenged in any sort of long term situation by the fact that a few towns (now inlcluding Lockport NY) have successfully fought off either the entrance of Wal-Mart into their locales or at least not let them become a superstore.

I just watched the last half hour of Eight Legged Freaks starring David Arquette, one of the few individuals who can challenge Ben Affleck as worst actor who for some reason everyone in the country knows. I suppose that could have something to do with the fact that he married one of the women on the most popular shows on television and the chick who always should have been but never really was the killer in any of the Scream movies.

On the bright side of things, reality television has been on the fucking nuts over the past couple days. Take, for instance Thursday night, which included some incredible shit. You begin with John Stevens sticking it out for one more week, though it will likely be his last, on American Idol. He gets to do Barry Manilow this week, and in all honesty he should be one of the best at it, but for some reason there is no correlation between his performance and his ratings. That is not nearly as true for most of the other people on the show, even though I understand that there is some dispute about the relationship betwen marks and objective performance in general, but he goes crazy. This was his best week by far and Jasmine Trias sucks. George Huff had what might be the worst performance since he was 10. Anyway, this is as high as we could possibly hope for Sinatra Jr. to go, so you have to be pleased that he outlasted JPL, that Elvis fucking nonsense motherfucker. We also had a great Survivor All Stars, which is getting down to the nitty fucking gritty now that Lex and Kathy are gone. This means Shi Ann is on the chopping block next week and we'll see who she targets. My guess is that someone tries to put Jenna out, but Rupert will go apeshit, so it might be trouble. Either way this is one of the better seasons I have watched of this program. Thursday was also the Apprentice finale, which, in a paradoxically delicious fashion, both sucked and rocked at the same time. I was a Kwame fan and never really liked Bill, though he was the obvious winner, but the show was sweet. Omarosa filled out the show in the exact way she was supposed to, by lying like a motherassfucker, and we saw her and Katrina briefly go at it about the upcoming slander lawsuit. Rock on.

Alright, in the interest of keeping myself sane I am going to sign off and watch the TiVoed version of last week's SNL so I am ready for tonight's installment. I don't even know who is on, but I am praying they will pull off another "Trump's House of Wings" like gem.

Peace,

MB-K

No comments: