Friday, February 27, 2004

Another Fucking Weekend

They become more than a little difficult to handle when you are not at home for any of them. I spend more time just getting my TIVO ready to tape all the relevant over the weekend shows than I do relaxing as one is supposed to do on Saturday. Regardless, for the fourth weekend in a row we are headed away. This time its the 350 mile drive to Marist College in Poughkipsie, NY. I have never been down there, but I think it is very close to the city. Maybe an hour and a half North, which seems pretty close. Its not like we have the time or the money to go into the city, but you get the idea. At least the day looks nice outside, so the drive won't be all bad.

I am hoping that the money I sunk into my car yesterday pays off as well. I really would have preferred to sink that money into an MP3 player for my car, since my CD player spends more time licking its own nuts than it does playing CDs. I know that I am capable of just listening to random AM radio most of the way to the other side of the state, but I don't really wish to do that and I am pretty sure that the other three people in the car have no interest in listening to speculation about whether or not TO's agent is the dumbest human being in the world for 6 hours.

Katie has actually put up the shower curtain now, so I don't have to worry about it, and more importantly, I can go take a shower. So, I am going to do that. I might have the chance to update from Marist, since I should only be judging JV and novice rounds so I shouldn't be under too much pressure at any point. I don't really care what debates I judge, fundamentally, but making my decision easier is always fun. I should probably get ready, since we are leaving in like an hour. Chure.

Peace,

MB-K

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi just checking out blogs and thought I would stop and read yours since we have some of the same interests and ideas. Some of the ideas are a little much and some are right on the money. I am glad I stopped by just to say hi I hope you don't mind. Some people consider it spam but if you don't want people to post why do they leave it open for the world to see. I have some great wedding information and articles available for free around 2000 savings ideas so stop on in if you want... I also have some of the most informative sites on yoga and baby gifts and baby showersbuilding. Hope you enjoy Thank you for your time.photo album wedding favors

photo album wedding favors