Monday, February 23, 2004

Pas de Mas Ninos

Thats messed up Sprenchnish to indicate that we are at home in Buffalo without the kids. While they were nice kids and all it is a relief to not have to deal with them all the time and I am fucking tired after the weekend. Having this many young children compounds that shit too, how can you deal with them all at the same time. Anyway, we got to the airport at 11:30 and after making our way through a terminal roughly the size of Georgia (the state or the nation, pick your favorite) we stopped near our gate for lunch. I said that I wouldn't leave that fucking city without a Vienna Beef hotdog, even if I just had to have one at the airport. Well, I didn't leave Wind-town without a hotdog and I did indeed get it at the airport. There was a Vienna Beef stand right by gate C2, so if you are flying out of O'Hare on a gate in the Low "C"s you don't have to worry about food until you get there. The hot dogs are right next door. Even if you are a little behind, its all good. I fucking love a Vienna Beef hot dog with everything. I know that vegetarians don't get to enjoy this delicacy, and I feel bad for ya'll, seriously I do, at least in some respects, but I feel worse for the food snobs, those people who may eat meat but won't in this specific tubular form.

Now, maybe there are not people who really do all sorts of complaining and shit about VIENNA BEEF hotdogs, maybe they are just referring to the regular Oscar Mayer franks, I am not sure. But I really think that there arethose who fall into this category. This is beyond hot doggity, when Ball Park franks plump, its not cause you cook em, its cause they are having wet dreams about Vienna Beef hotdogs. When you bite into them, they actually taste like beef, seriously, like a beef sausage. Its incredible. Take this, put it on a bun, cover it in mustard. This is already the nuts. Onions, relish, peppers, tomatoes, and a pickle. Rock on, this is truly, to quote the Diznobs, a fantastic example of the rare form of the pure brilliance. Damn, get over your fucking snobbery. Walk up to a dirty stand with a blue and yellow sign on it and order 2 with everything. You will thank me. After that, come back for more suggestions, but to begin with download Justified and watch the video for Toxic.

We watched the series finale to My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance and I am really quite impressed. There were about 12 minutes at the very end of the show that in some ways got everything completely fucking wrong, but at this point we had already passed the climax, and they had their reasons, so I understand. If you haven't watched this show and intend to, check your TIVO before you read on. Steve mentioned this near the finale and I think this is true, that this show took a drastic turn right about halfway through. Now chronologically this was actually more than half of the way through the making of the show, closer to eighty percent of the time, but it was exactly half the number of shows. Anyway, it began very lighheartedly, mostly slapstick comedy and fart jokes. The idea was, for the most part, Steve is a klutz and has some pretty gross habits. Its little different from those practical joke videos that they have infomercials on late at night where you watch normal proper people react to fat guys falling down stairs and farting next to them on the bench. This was funny as hell, both because her reactions were great and because the people working on this show did a great job writing and selecting the characters involved. Regardless, the change was incredible, because when Randi's family shows up this show was a pretty incredible portrait of a family stretched to an absolute fucking breaking point. This is where the show was straight up lying. Steve. obviously speaking almost explicitly off a script, says that the show turned into a picture of how strong a family's love is. The Coys were a petty and frighteningly incestuously group. While they didn't seem as overtly religious as I would imagine that they must be, ass-fucking a, I cannot imagine that there are actually people who would care this much if their sister decided to get married to someone who sucked balls. Obviously, yes, you should tell them that they are licking ass at the moment and should think about what the fuck they are doing. But the phrase "I refuse to be a part of it." Oh, you refuse to be a part of this racist policy your company initiated. No, well you must be refusing to take part in some excercise which people are encouraging you to do, but you find to be completely and dangerously offensive, threatening to the character of life as you see it. Oh, nevermind, I see, you were refusing to take part in your sister's wedding." I could tie this into the whole gay marriage issue, and that comparison would be timely and accurate, and possibly even somewhat insightful, but iI am not going to do that at the moment. Now, some of Randi's family memebers were right on at the end, they did say that ultimately they had to simply be at their sister's wedding even if she was fucking up, but they were so incredibly pissed about something that I cannot imagine every being this pissed about that we got an incredible show. While I like shows like Average Joe and Mr. Personality aim to put contradictions and ethics to the test, for the most part those themes are rarely incredibly convinving. I mean, on AJ2 Fredo was obviously pissed about what she did with Jim, but we didn't really get to watch him deal with an incredible conflict which, for us, was completely false. Its awesome. My jaw dropped several times during this show and you could literally just see these people, who were so infuriarted, on the absolute fringe of exploding. Anyway, I loved this show, I remain in the thrall of Fox's reality developers. I would love to watch these folks get wrecked and come up with pitches.

We actually flew home on a full size plane today, which is very rare for the Buffalo airport. I suppose if there is gonna be one there it would come from O'Hare. I once flew a smaller version of this plane on Northwest, though I don't know if there is a plane which is fundamentally just a smaller 737. I mean, the plane I am referring to had a first class section, only like 2 or 3 rows, but I don't think it had the 20+ 6 seat rows we occupied today. It was in some ways refreshing, the flight is 10 minutes shorter, you've got the audio entertainment, the potential for first class, the higher class snack foods, you know the drill. We got the Snyder's of Hanover pretzel on the small plane on the way there, but we rolled snack mix style coming home, yep, pretzels, cashews, and little sesame sticks. If I owned an airline I think I would have like a little tub full of that snack mix, or an even better one, on the snack cart, and you could just scoop out however much of the snack mix you wanted. I know there are some potential germ issues about this when you have the whole hermetically sealed environment thing going on and its not like I couldn't just ask for some more snack mix, and I know that few people would really care about having all the snack mix they want. I also know that if I had the money and it wasn't really that much more expensive or inconvenient I would roll in favor of unlimited free snack mix. I also know that the airline would alter their snack mix costs by about 30 cents a year, so they just don't see any need one way or the other. I know that logically the "dude, they will give you more packets of snack mix" argument answers all of mine, but fucking A dude, I just want free scoopable snack mix in a bin on the drink cart so I can have all I want without asking for a bunch of extra packets and feeling like a wad.

I should mention that I have had a couple margaritas tonight, I figure I earned that type of relaxation after the weekend. I admittedly also had more than a couple on Saturday, but still. I have had this crazy obsession with chocolate maritnis, for a little while. I had a couple Saturday night and would be drinking right now if chocolate liquer was not inordinately expensive. I will have to pick up a bottle of Godiva at some point, but I will also need more Stoli. If we have the money I am very much looking forward to making the next stay at home weekend a chocolate martini tasting festival. I will discover the perfect one, I guaruntee it.

I downloaded this thing for my computer that lets me type these entries in a word like program and do bunches of other new things that I didn't know how to do on the website. Like, I can make links now or TYPE IN BOLD or put lines through words, maybe to indicate that I already did this . I can also have it put what music I am listening to up, but since I never listen to music and the computer is not connected to my DVR I can't have it indicate that I am watching the early edition of the OC. Spolers tomorrow maybe.

Peace,

MB-K

No comments: