Friday, March 26, 2004

Productivity Makes a "pro" out of "u" and "tiv"

So immediately after my productivity for the weekend is publically announced on the old blurtaroo I decide to perfectly excecute the introduction into the well worked weekend. In someways it is legit, but still. So last night Wilking calls me to let me know that he will be coming into town at 8 am on his way to his sister's hockey tourney. However, since his sister has a game at the same time he was landing, he wanted to know if I could pick him up and have some bfast before his rents came to pick him up from Rochester.

Katie reacts to this news by cleaning the house. This was not really the reaction I would have expected, seeing as how Wilking's standards for cleanliness have never quite matched up to Katie's anyway. The house was not like disgustingly dirty, notably, Katie had just re-organized the living room the day before and most of the dishes were done, etc. So we spent an hour or so organizing shit that Wilking wouldn't notice and altering things that Wilking wouldn't care about. We finally got to sleep at like 2:30 and woke up 5 hours later to head to the airport. Besides the fact that Wilking's hair (which has not been cut in like 5 months and is in full mutherfuckin effizzect affro style) rocks, we also got a noise breakfast out of this situation. I mean, we paid for the breakfast, but it was an excuse to get out early enough to legitimately demand an omelete. I also got to have some Perk-style choco-chip pancakes, which I had been craving for a long time anyway.

Regardless, then we came back here, bullshited, watched TV, played Mario Party 5 for a little while, and the like, until the Wilk-rents arrived right around noon. I made some efforts to read, got about 10 pages done in this stupid fucking book, then realized that I would fall asleep if I kept reading, so we watched some TV instead. About 2:00 I decided to return to the book, read 10 more pages or so, realized that if I continued reading that I would fall asleep, kept reading anyway, and fell asleep. Katie and I decided to take a more formal nap, ended up waking at like 7 and entirely shattering my drive to read this motherfucker. I can't explain to you the lack of interest I have in this novel, it sucks a gigantic asspenis. I am determined to read it at some point, but I can't imagine that I will finish it by the time required by this class. It may become the worst summer reading in all of human history.

Peace,

MB-K

No comments: