Wednesday, March 03, 2004

The Whipmaster...The Whipmaster!!

I know that its really hip to rip on Billy Crystal as the host of the Oscars, but I personally choose to give the man his props. He has hosted the show 8 times now, and most of the moments I really remember from the program involve him. Okay, I admit the whole self-congratulatory ethic of the day can get a little overblown, but I think the songs are pretty funny. Yeah, the funniest part of the evening was obviously Jack Black and Will Ferrell, but how do you compete with that much comic genius packed into one little stage. When Will Ferrell whispered "Sting" I thought even Jables was going to completely crack up.

I am totally pissed about the new Tuesday night TV line up, by the way, since Fox has decided to run Forever Eden, this summer's version of Paradise Hotel, on Tuesdays at nine, opposite both America's Next Top Model and One Tree Hill. We don't really have a choice obviously, you've gotta roll ANTM especially this close to the end of the season. Nonetheless, we did miss a couple seconds while we checked on what was going on with Mary, the first bimbo of the summer. At least there are only 4 more episodes of Tyra's mega-hit (I mean, Pete, Katie, and I all like it) so I won't have to worry about falling entirely behind. I think Shandi has this stuff in the bag by the way, she is a fantastic model and really quite attractive. Something about those girls from Kansas City...

My thoughts on William Hung, in case you were interested, are that he rocks. He has obviously been working pretty hard lyrically since his days at the tryouts, but the dancers are the big addition. He is cashing in hardcore on the opportunity that he has and while that isn't much of one at least he has made a 100 g or so. American Idol gave him 25K for appearing on the thing yesterday and since I have seen that he has appeared at Northwestern, on Ellen, a couple other big speaking engagements, and signing a record deal, I have to be glad for the dude. If nothing else it pays his way through Berkeley and guarauntees him a gig somewhere, in civil engineering or not.

I know that is brief. My bad. Busy Tuesdays are bad. Much worse than Ruby Tuesdays, who have good burgers.

Peace,

MB-K

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To be fair, Meg is a much bigger ANTM fan than I am

Pete