Tuesday, July 22, 2003

Good Things are Home

Yay for that. Also a big yeah-ra for the return of Katie to the Suckalo metro-area. The world is a much brighter place when I do not have to sleep alone and I can use the computer on the couch. Overall, yay for Sunday afternoon and everything that entered my house on that day. Obviously, I would rather have Katie here than my computer, but both are welcome.

We went grocery shopping today but I can't think of any humorous anecdotes about it. Katie bought butterscotch pudding and some yogurt. I got some root beer so I can make root beer floats. Katie doesn't like root beer. We had mac and cheese for dinner because we are lazy.

Katie has two Care Bears now, one that I gave her and one that she bought in Wyoming, which is blue. Anyway, she has both of them strapped to the back of the computer bag, everywhere she went she was carrying these two bright colored bears. It was very cute.

I am going to stop observing random things here. It cannot possibly be entertaining. At the same time most things that I write, including Arrested Development lyrics, are probably not of any interest to anyone either.

I keep hearing stuff about the president being impeached and I really think he will be. I don't remember alot specifically about the Lewinsky scandal before the shit really hit the fan, but I think it was less than this. Congressional committees are forming and people will call further for inquiries etc. Eventually, unless something turns out to be different, I think the fact that the president lied about something this serious, something that started a war and resulted in the loss of American lives, means alot more than sex.

I know the common response will be that Clinton did it under oath in a court of law, which officially Bush did not. However, there has to be some standard which applies to speaking to Congress. You don't take an oath but it is still reasonably expected that you do not lie.

I am so tired I cannot even think straight. Anyway, later.

Peace,

MB-K

No comments: