Thursday, July 24, 2003

Thunderstruck!!

I realized when I was typing the first version of this message thing that I don't believe there is any symbol available on a computer to put the little lightning bolt thingy that comes between AC and DC into ACDC. You pretty much just have to use a backslash or something, which is not nearly as cool.

I mean, you've got the schoolboy uniform and the Australian accents and the whole jumping and playing the guitar trademark Angus Young thing. The Whole Lotta Rosie business, so on and so forth. There is, however, a good argument that at the very center of it all, the lightning bolt business is the key to all their success. I mean, ther must be a reason every hockey team in the country plays Thunderstruck as warm up music. Its a bad ass Hanz and Franz style pump you izzup classic but still. The whole, "we've got an actual natural disaster built into our moniker" thing never hurts.

I have looked through all the symbols and stuff, I officially cannot find the lightning bolt. Weak.

The whole thing is sparked by the fact that the Charlie's Angels commercial which features the song is the best commercial ever. It follows the general guideline of Charlie's Angels, hot looking chicks and bad ass fight scenes to rock and hip hop music. It rocks. Wow does it rock. The movie itself will be excellent, hopefully it will compete with the original, which was the first through sixth best movies of all time. The scene where they ripped of Matrix special effects to beat the hell out of Crispin Glover to "Smack My Bitch Up" remains among the best action scenes in recent memory.

I don't really have anything else to say about Charlie's Angels. I welcome the return of Demi Moore every bit as much as everyone else, but I won't go over it. MSN's entertainment section really beat me to the punch.

I am now going to watch the second episode of I'm With Busey. This show is great. I laughed my ass off during the first show. The kid is the perfect foil to the absolutely insane shit that Busey says. He himself is only marginally funny, but he is the right combination of forthright and nervous fat kid to do the trick. I will have to say more later.

Peace,

MB-K

No comments: