Friday, November 14, 2003

Comedy Central Rocks the Party Like a Masturbating Earthquake

Oh my god, this decision is so awesome. I haven't been around most of the afternoons of this past week, so I don't know exactly when they did it, but Comedy Central appears to have put Kids in the Hall back on the air from 2-3 in the afternoons. I mean, its not like they needed to show that 50th episode of SNL in a day anyway, but this was a sweet decision.

I haven't watched this program for quite a while now, and it is really easy to forget exactly how fucking hilarious these guys were. I accidentally stumbled accross it when I was in like 8th grade or so as it was on right after SNL. Oh my god! Its the sausages sketch! I haven;t seen this bit for like 10 years. At the time I first watched it I didn't get alot of the humor and the gay jokes missed me entirely for the most part, but the pure absurdity really caught on from the beginning. The fact that they would occasionally do these ridiculously ornate cinematic sketches where half the joke was the composition of the scenes in that fashion glossed over me for many years, and I cant believe the only thing I remembered about the sausage bit was the old man, even though that performance is in many ways showstopping.

Alright, just wanted to drop that in quickly, I was really excited that this show was back on M-F as it should be. Hopefully I will get to see the jelly roll sketch sometime soon.

Peace,

MB-K

No comments: