Saturday, November 29, 2003

Love to Eat Turkey Cause its Good, Love to Eat Turkey Like A Good Boy Should

cause it's Turkey, to eat, so good.

We rolled hardcore on T-day baby, hard fucking core. I would have updated this earlier, but I have been too tryptaphened out for the past several days to bother. Anyway, the brined turkey rocked. It was incredibly moist and delicious, infused everywhere with citrusy goodness. I highly recommend the brining process to anyone considering the roasting of a turkey, it pays much dividends. Katie made rolls from scratch and they rocked pretty fucking hard themselves. We still have like a half a basket full of those rolls, but them is goin fast. The same goes for the pumpkin pie and bread that Katie made to compliment the traditional Thanksgiving dinner. My stuffing was okay, but I will definately tweek it next time, it needs a little more moisture and probably some other meat, maybe bacon if Katie doen't want andouille sausage or churizo.

We had a nice dinner, which made up, at least somewhat, for the fact that the Packers played like absolute ass. We had a couple bottles of wine, some kahlua and cream, some leftovers etc. We played a good long round of Trivial Pursuit, which is one of Katie's post-bird traditions. All in all, yeah-rah for Thanksgiving. Same goes for the day after, when we did very little beyond enjoy leftovers and go to sleep far far too late.

Anyway, I recovered from Turkey related sleeposity only to briefly go shopping today. Topps had this promotion whereby if you spent 250 dollars between the middle of October and November 29th, you could get a free turkey. Well, we realized we weren't going to get there by Thanksgiving, so we just bought a Turkey. Turns out however, that we need a couple fill in groceries before we go back to the TC in Deciembre that will push us over the limit. So we went out and spent the requisite amount. I found the Turkey which we needed to get, but unfortunately, the holiday had left them with a very small amount. The small amount of birds they had, however, yielded an incredibly large amount of meat, because these birds were gigantic. I mean gigantic when I say that notable. I got the smallest one I could find, and it was the smallest by far. It was 21.3 pounds. That is 10 pounds heavier than the turkey we made on Thursday, and we have a large tupperware container fullm of leftovers in the fridge. So sometime in January we are going to have a way too large turkey dinner. If anyone plans on being in the Lockport area around Super Bowl Sunday, you should stop by for Thanksgiving Baxter-Kauf style. Picture me rollin baby.

So that is all the Turkey related news for now, I think I am going to read a little, then maybe try to compose a restaurant review of Damon's, since I have at least been there recently. I know its not the type of restaurant you would review for the NYT, but I have no corporate card senores y senioritavos. Stay tuned, I will have it for you at some point.

Peace,

MB-K

No comments: