Tuesday, November 11, 2003

Gonna Go Back In Town...

Huey Lewis style, thats how we do this shit. When I get back in town I fucking stay back in town.

Anyway, Katie and I are watching the second episode of Joe Millionaire from this evening and I am attempting to wind down from the disappointing loss the Packers executed in the final moments of tonight's MNF contest against Philly. Favre was not playing well tonight, a rare occurence for Mondays, but at least Ahman was on his fucking nut. Regardless, at least the game itself was fun to watch. It wasn't the type of contest your average person will enjoy unless they are a football afficianado, but I am, so that works out.

I haven't said much about West Point, but since its already been a week, thats a little on the non side of the uniqueness question. We were back in the Windy City the last several days to visit Katie's mom. She was at Katie's aunt and uncle's place watching their three very young children. They have an intersting place, I may have mentioned it at some point before. Its like four blocks away from Wrigley Field in an increasingly uber-gentrified area of the North Side. The house is worth some gigantic amount of money. I understand why it is so pricey (location location location) and I don't begrudge anyone their specific house selection criteria, but I can't imagine compromising travel distance to work, school locations, and such things to live near to a ballpark. They are, as I probably should have mentioned, gigantic Cubs fans. Its a pretty house and it grows on you, if you were just a couple or only had like one kid.

I always enjoy seeing Carole, Katie's mom, if for no other reason than she at least pretends to enjoy cooking for me and cooking in general. Maybe she is just a great actor, but we got to eat pancakes, crepes, biscuits and gravy, pot roast, and a chocolate chip cookie pie without asking for any of them. Don't get me wrong, Katie is a hella sweet cook and she makes dinner, dessert, etc. all the time without pressure either. Still, there is just something about that momish spirit which is always injected into the food. Moreover however, we always do have good quality conversation and such, so it was nice for us to interact socially with someone outside of each other for the first real time in like several months.

I will say more about the weekend and shit tomorrow. I just needed to get back into the writing frenzy sort of mood, since I need to do it for school anywho.

Peace,

MB-K

No comments: