Monday, November 03, 2003

Week After Week...

We are at least approaching the completion of the marathon travel month Katie and I have embarked upon. It has been hella enjoyable and pretty profitable and shit, and at least this weekend isn't even debate related, but its still draining. The shitty part is that I get home late every Sunday and need at least the entirety of Monday to catch up. Then by Tuesday I start to get back in the swing, but Wednesday puts me off track. Then Thursday I am rocking and rolling before fucking POOF and I am oot. Then I just start all over again.

Anyway, there is plenty of discussionable materiales for the near future. We had a pretty sweet time this weekend, at the very least we got to see another hella cool area of these North East United States.

We didn't however, really celebrate Halloween at all, with the exception of eating a bunch of candy at the tournament. I have never been a big party on Halloween guy, I must admit, my parents were sort of anti the Holiday in some senses so it never captured my fascination. I think during my senior year in high school I grabbed a couple random items from the basement closet (a life-vest, a jersey, a lacrosse stick, a helmet, and a trombone) and went to the Eagan debate tournament as crazy lacrosse player. Besides that I doubt I have worn a Halloween costume since like the 8th grade. I remember I was going to one weekend when Sanjay and I went to Pete's halloween party. In the car on the way over we discussed walking in with our pants around our ankles and both going as Andy Kemp, but decided to be too cool for school and arrive sans costume.

I would imagine that if I went to a Halloween part these days I would actully dress up or something, but its a good thing we didn't try that weekend, as we would have simply been overshadowed by what may be my favorite Halloween costume of all time (I want to say it was "Chopper", who I barely know, but it was someone in that category of 100 North Howell regulars I sort of knew, I'm sure there are others, but I can't pull out any names right now, I 'm fucking tired all right, so go fuck yourselves) which was of course, Brenda Warner. The hairstyle and the glittery blue dress were obvious and for some reason it struck me as absolutely perfect. Not to mention that I never get sick of ripping on Brenda Warner, since she sucks a fat-fucking-ass, really really sucks it hard.

On a final note, one mes amies in Minnesota might want to consider ignoring, I want to give a shout out to my Pack for going into one of the second most difficult NFL stadiums to play in and taking one away from the Vikings. I listened to the game on the radio and have seen a number of highlights and it looks like Favre and Green were both on their nuts. I'm worried that this win is not impressive as it looks, that maybe the Viz-Queens are about to do a classic Minnesota sports implosion, but I hope not, both because I want it to mean something that we split with them in our worst year in a while and because I like to watch an offense which has the potential to be as explosive as Culpeper to Moss does. Regardless, good work guys, even up the season series, get back to 500, and start a steady roll towards the Monday night showdown with the fucking Eagles.

Watching the game now. More about the weekend and other such adventures manana.

Peace,

MB-K

No comments: