Tuesday, June 17, 2003

Broke and Employed

So in general I am not inexperienced at the idea of being broke. I have spent many weeks without any money to speak of, scamming food from school functions and buying gas a gallon at a time. I can handle being broke. But it seems to me that there should be a connection between being broke and being unemployed. If I don't do anything which would legitimately pay me any money at all then I entirely understand the idea of not having any money. Obviously, what have I done which would result in the arrival of such funds.

However, I have spent all but 2 weeks of the past year entirely employed. Admittedly, maybe those two weeks came at an inconvenient time, but altogether they were not a significant amount of time. For fuck's sake, UB was actually still paying me during that time, they gave me my last check like only a week ago. Nonetheless, here I am, alone in my Lockport apartment on my day off unable to even run to the chinese buffet. I mean, there might be a way that I could swing it, but endangering the whole enterprise which our money is currently tied up in is not with a couple plates of General Tso if you know what I am sayin.

Its like, I need one of a couple things to occur for me to not feel bored on a day where I have nothing formal to do.

1) Someone to hang out with. Boredom for me is not really a problem if there is someone else around. We can talk about shit, we could play cards or trivial pursuit, we could have dinner together. We could joke or drink or whatever. Alone-ity (the condiditon of being alone) does not allow for these possibilities. I have tried to play poker alone a couple times, which is simply not very interesting. Trivial Pursuit alone does not work at all. I can only play so much PS2 with the 2 games I possess though once I have the 50 bucks to obtain Enter The Maitrix I will be in better place. Hopefully I can pull that off before Katie leaves for Wyoming, otherwise that could be a very very sad 2 weeks.

2) Some money to spend. The money doesnt even really have to be spent on something enormously entertaining. Going to a movie, getting food...thats about it really, going to a movie or buying food. I love to eat, it is definatively my favorite form of entertainment and the rest of the day seems really to fall into place once I have gone out for a nice mid-afternoon meal. I really enjoy going out for like a din-unch at around 3:30 or 4:00. Everyone will give you the dinner specials and serve you full dinner size shit (so you don't have to worry about getting jacked by fucking lunchtime portions, which are so incredibly weak, why doesnt this country understand the need for a true power lunch, one which has appetizers and dessert and at least two entrees sandwiched in between....oh, and a sandwich too) but there isnt anyone in the place yet. Even most of the old people are still at home doing old people shit or something. I was going to use a watching Matlock line or shit like that, but I don't think Matlock is on in the afternoon, I am not really sure. Matlock sucks a dick.

3) An immediate expectation. For instance, the expectation that someone was coming to see me or to hang out or something, these would all be resaonable thigns to keep me going. Lets say that I am leaving tomororw to go home or to Boston or something, then a day with nothing to do will be simply delightful.

Unfortunately, none of these conditions are met. I am very bored. Sherman's pack squad is now 7-0 in their second season. There is a good chance I will be able to sign Peerless Price. I don't remember if that is actually how one spells Peerless, but it is how I like to spell it-so suck it.

Peace,

MB-K

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the matrix

everyone tells me the game is tizzeribiz. you could hold out 1.5 months and get nfl 2k4.

bietz

www.paranoidandroid.net

MB-K said...

How could it be bad, its written and directed by the Wachowskis. Is it like bad game play or what?

I wonder also if it has any additions to the overall plot or is it just a game of the storyline of the first two movies.

Peace,

Mike Baxter