Monday, June 16, 2003

Fucking Jeter...What an Assmunch...

So check this out, Derek Jeter has like 2 commercials that are on TV alot right now. One of them is the Visa ad with Steinbrenner, and it is actually kind of funny. I kinda like Jeter, especially considering that he is a fucking Yankee bastard and shit. The other one starts off looking like a pretty decent commerical. Its like his dad and some people teaching him about baseball and the whole thing is a real obvious analogy between learning about baseball and learning about life. So the commerical ends with Jeter being like "silly me, the whole time I thought they were teaching me about baseball."

Its a good commercial, it would rock for like a "spend time with your kids" psa or something. Instead they turn it into one of these talk to your kids about drugs ads or "baseball is derek jeter's anti-drug." It pisses me off that the message always has to be against drugs, can't people just fucking love their kids and take care of them. I mean fuck, is every action one takes supposed to be directed against a joint!?!

How much fun and love can you convey to your children if you're like "lets go play baseball son/daughter, its so much better than drugs." I honestly don't give a fuck if my children use drugs if they learn the lessons that most of these anti-drug ads are trying to teach them. If they were intelligent and responsible and loving people, why does it matter if they get high when they are just hanging out anyway.

I understand very much that drugs can be a hindrance to people's lives. I mean, I have friends, certainly, who would have been in very different places absent their drug use, at least I would imagine so. Nonetheless, I have many other examples of people who can be the type of human being they should while maintaining recreational drug use.

Alright, that is all, no more rants about Jeter. Fucking yank.

Peace,

MB-K

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

alcohol is my anti-drug.

woo

MB-K said...

your mom...

...is my anti-drug.

Peace,

Mike Baxter