Sunday, June 29, 2003

Things I Have Determined

1) I would be a very very ugly woman. Looking at all these prom and wedding pictures I realize how ridiculous all the shit that women do to make themselves look pretty are. I mean, don't get me wrong, I dig them. I like clean smooth shaven legs and make up and pretty hair and shit, they rock. I like frilly underthings and ridiculous dresses and push-up this and support-that and wonder-lat. Nonetheless, I wouldnt do any of it. I have had one "hairstyle" in the traditional sense of that term, and it was the laziest hairstyle in the entire world, it was dreadlocks. They weren't even dreadlocks that I went somewhere and got or something, I just didnt comb my hair for a while. I would not do all the girly shit involved in being an attractive woman. I don't shave my face and its like one one-thousandth the size of my legs. I would be the world's ugliest woman. At least I would have breasts. That would rock.

2) Katie likes weird food. Tuna Noodles. Not even tuna noodle hotdish. Its really weird. She actually likes it better with Velveeta. The shit isnt even real cheese. If "cheese flavor" was available at a grocery store I could make Velveeta myself, its just water and congealed vegetable oil. Yummy.

3) I was really bored at work today and Katie and I had an argument about the "Veganism Kritik" before I went back to work. I determined that a veganism kritik is actually really really offensive. I mean, be a vegan if you want, go ahead, its more meat for me. Doesn't bother me at all. Nonetheless, there are alot of people who aren't, don't want to be, or shouldn't be, vegans. I spent the rest of the day pretending I was writing answers to a veganism K and besides the obvious "NO FUCKING LINK" argument, I have a couple:

-its classist-takes alot of money to be a vegan, supplements, legumes, etc.
-some people really can't get the vitamins and stuff, it relegates them to sickness or death
-requires globalization: the resources to be a vegan in a tundra are not readily available, they have to be shipped in
-its kind of contradictory: animals eat other animals and we don't think them to be unethical, our decision that eating animals is wrong either requires that we condemn other animals (what about carnivores, who CANNOT digest vegetable proteins) or that we admit that we are in some respect "greater" than those animals, which seems to imply that its okay to eat them
-its alot like the logic of Christian denial of sex as Foucault describes it-though we have the same animalistic urges to eat meat, we should defy those to make ourselves better or more ethical people, read your Foucault impacts here

I have determined more things but, as always, my writing is being interrupted by food.

Peace,

MB-K

No comments: