Monday, June 16, 2003

Welcome Pete!!! (and potentially others)

Pete marks the offical second entry into the world of people who have read this. I admittedly have not been thoroughly attempting to gain followers, but none the less, very sweet.

So I am at home alone again this week, Katie being in Hotlanta. We had an interesting discussion at the airport about the selection of this year's national theme song. Last year we obviously had Petey Pablo's smash hit "North Carolina (Raise Up!)" which propelled the kids to a decent finish, winning a debate in the run off round and shit. Not the world's best tournament, but decent for a sophomore and a junior. My first thought was that this year's song had to be something by Ludakris. I figure that "Area Codes" would have been my pick. He does after all, have so many different hoes in so many different area codes.

My only significant complaint with Ludakris is that he of course does not mention 612 651 952 or even 763. I think the ommission of Minneapolis when fucking Denver and Milwaukee are both on the list is absolutely ricockulous. Its EROTIC FUCKING CITY!!! Thats not a title I gave it or something, its from Prince. What the fuck!? I have been to Milwaukee, it has exactly one advantage on Minneapolis, the booze is much cheaper. You can also get beer on Sundays, but in Minneapolis you only have to drive like an hour to do that. Plus, if you aren't Will Hailer you can just make sure you have enough shit on hand to last you the weekend. It did used to have an extra advantage which was the 2 am closing time for bars of course, thankfully the Minnesota legislature has remedied that.

I am even a fan of Wisconsin, at least more so than the average Minnesota fellow. Packers fan, obviously, and the whole dairy industry thing doesnt hurt either. I don't like the Brewers or the basketball-Bucs. Leaving the TC out of a list of the country's best cities and including Milwaukee is painful. I'm no Rubben Studdard, but I understand the representing one's area code thing, I have mad love for the six-five-wizzle. I like in the godforsaken land of 716 but I refuse to give up my phone number. I will keep it in the 651 until I die, or at least until I have to switch cell phone providers, and I don't really know why I would have to do such a thing. 22 of the 24 students I had this spring had cellular phones themselves, and the only even halfway decent argument I have heard about having a local phone number is so my students can call me. Fuck that, I'm decent with email and ya'll can just suck it up and pay the 11 cents it would cost to call me. You're gonna turn your paper in late anyway, cheating little fucks.

Since Pete reads this, at least has read this, I will now describe to him the dream I had Saturday night. Katie had left that day and I didnt have to work, I had played like 4 games in my NFL franchise (Pack is 3-0 in the second season under Sherman, no big new acquisitions but I have everyone crucial for at least another three years) and was getting very bored. I decided that I would try to do something productive, but I was not in the mood to read Kant. Instead, I read The Knot Wedding Guide to MSP for like a couple hours and made a good deal of mental notes. That night I went to sleep fairly early, maybe 11:30 or so, and dreamed that we had hired this videographer person. I didnt want one, but Katie used this article in the magazine to convince me that we needed one. So one of the suggestions in this magazine was to make sure you convey your personality to the video people so they know what they should shoot. THeir suggestion was like, if you are funny, make sure they know that it is appropriate to include humor at certain times.

So we do this and we get the video back and its just like a wedding sitcom. I was horrified because I thought Katie was going to kill me, but she was laughing, so we just watched it. It was a series of my friends doing like mini standup routines, like Comic Remix or something, and there was a laughtrack set to all the serious things that happended in the wedding. At one point I was very confused because there was a distinct moment at which I saw something occur on the tape that I was certain did not actually take place.

Regardless, I no longer wish to be sitting at the old fashioned desk computer. I miss my laptop. I also miss my music on my laptop, for instance my avril, josie, britney, christina, and (newly added) lucy playlists.

Back to celebrity look alikes.

Peace,

MB-K

No comments: